B2B Victory June 20 and June 24 - Random Thoughts

taylor1293

We went on a B2B on the Victory on June 20/June 24. The first leg there was 6 of us in 3 cabins. The second leg there was 15 of us in 7 cabins. This is not a review…more like some random thoughts!

FTTF – We purchased FTTF for all three of our cabins. We arrived at the port around 10:30. We were in our cabin at 12:15. Not as quick as I’d hoped but it was nice to go and drop off all of our carry-ons. Unfortunately, half our luggage didn’t arrive until around 4:30. Using the dedicated line at guest services was a nice benefit.

Cabins – We did move cabins between the two cruises. Our children stayed in the same cabin. Our first cabin was an inside 7310. It’s also the first time we’d ever stayed in an inside and we LOVED it! Very cozy. The second cruise was in 7312 and this was an ocean suite. We also loved this cabin, but for two and a half times the cost, I would expect too. The décor was fine, I like pink, so it worked for me. However, there was a lot of wear and tear; some drawers hard to open and closets difficult to slide. She’s definitely ready for her dry dock. Our shower didn’t drain the first day but they came right away and fixed it.

Room Steward – our room steward was Vilma and she was super fabulous! Knew all our names from day one and was so friendly. She had our second cabin ready as soon as we walked back on from our B2B customs check.

B2B – Love this! Wow…what a great feeling knowing you get to stay on when everyone else has to get off. The only difference is next time we’ll make sure to get the same cabin twice. We waited next to guest services while they repeatedly called some final names to leave the ship. Finally they walked us off and right back on. So simple! Both our cabins had a bottle of champagne as a thank you gift.

Dining – We had anytime dining the first cruise and ate in the Atlantic dining room. We had fantastic service from Dalmacio! The next cruise we ate in the Pacific dining room (early dining) and had really good service too. The food was ok. Not bad, not great, just ok. We aren’t foodies by any means. My DH will eat anything you put in front of him but he was disappointed in the food on this cruise. It was nowhere near as good as our last cruise with Carnival (three years ago).

Shows – we went to “Living in America” - definitely nothing to write home about. I would estimate that the theatre was about 20% full at the start and less than 40% by the end. We also went to see the “Love and Marriage” show. That was funny as always.

Entertainment – Saw the family show comedy acts during the first cruise - they were funny. Also went to the piano bar. He was really good, but his constant need to say “swoller and holler” after every single song…we could only tolerate it so long. Watched karaoke several nights – it was great!

Pools – Sometimes they were crowded, sometimes they weren’t. I didn’t use the slide but DH and DD did and they seemed to enjoy it.

Photos – Carnival…please stop using such an antiquated system. Go digital! It’s such a pain to find pictures. We never could find our embarkation pictures and didn’t even bother looking for some others.

Key West – we took the City View Trolley around (have done this before) and it was great. Saw a scooter accident…poor lady lost control of her scooter and hit a mini-van. I’ll never understand why people rent scooters on vacation when they have no experience with them. She wasn’t hurt but the scooter and the van had some damage. I felt really bad for her…I hope her vacation wasn’t ruined.

Cozumel – We did The Amazing Race! I would recommend this excursion to anyone! It was incredibly hot that day, but it was an awesome adventure!

Grand Turk – Not impressed with the beach here. We rented a cabana had a very relaxing day.

Half Moon Cay – We rented two villas. The villas are GREAT! Half Moon Cay is gorgeous! I could stay there forever. Small issues with villas (nothing serious). People seem to think they can use the showers even though there is a sign right there. We had cleaned out villa B about an hour before we left and had all of our stuff in Villa A. Witnessed from the water a man and woman walk in and I’m pretty sure he used the bathroom, lol. Then another guy thought he could just wonder in and use the hot tub. Very strange behavior! Lunch was good but there were no plates. None at all. We had to ask multiple times to finally get them. Did I mention I could stay there forever?!

Nassau – Just walked around for a couple hours and went back to the ship.

Overall, we had a GREAT time! We loved the Victory and would sail on her again. Looking forward to booking our next Carnival cruise. If you have any questions, please ask.

Thank you for your comments. Did they have any deck parties at night on the East Cruise(Grand Turk Cruise)? If yes what and when? Did you use the FTTF to get off in Port with Tender? Hope you post more information in the days ahead. We are on the the Victory in Sept. Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review, I will be sailing on Monday! Did you use the spa services at all or the serenity area? Why weren't you impressed with the beach at Grand Turk?

Thanks,

Caro

Thank you for your comments. Did they have any deck parties at night on the East Cruise(Grand Turk Cruise)? If yes what and when? Did you use the FTTF to get off in Port with Tender? Hope you post more information in the days ahead. We are on the the Victory in Sept. Thanks again

They did have a deck party, I think it was the day of Half Moon Cay...but I'm not 100% positive.

No, we had the FTTF on the first cruise and there were no tender ports on that cruise. We had the villas at Half Moon Cay so we were one of the first off.

Enjoy the Victory in Sept!

One more question......how did the people dress for the dressy night? Did the men wear suits? Would a Sport Coat with shirt and tie be ok? Thanks again

First formal night (in anytime dining) I would say that 1/2 the people weren't dressed up at all.

Second formal night (early dining) it seemed that pretty much everyone was dressed up.

I saw men in suits, in sports coats, in shirts and ties. All would be fine. :).

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review, I will be sailing on Monday! Did you use the spa services at all or the serenity area? Why weren't you impressed with the beach at Grand Turk?

Thanks,

Caro

No, we didn't use the spa or serenity. I did walk through the serenity area but since my kids were with us, we never had a chance to enjoy it. It looked wonderful.

The beach at Grand Turk was quite rocky and there was lots of seaweed. Thought the beaches here in Florida are much nicer.

Have a great time!!

Archived