Tetiaroa by Catamaran Excursion from Moorea

We did it from Tahiti.

The outfit was Tahiti Voile et Lagon.

I understand that it's the same outfit that runs it by going to Moorea to pick passengers. It was a long rainy day but had its moments. I chartered the whole boat and pre paid a hefty deposit. CC members joined us.

My mistake. We were looking at Poe Charter and thought it might be the same one that PG uses. Thanks for clearing that up Emdee.

It wasn't an official PG charter...just a group of PG lovers. Saw some whales on our return.

My mistake. We were looking at Poe Charter and thought it might be the same one that PG uses. Thanks for clearing that up Emdee.

Well, you may well be right. The PG trip refers to a "Maxi-Catamaran", as does the Poe website, "Maxi Catamaran Ohana". They also both mention lunch onboard the catamaran. One difference is that the PG description does not mention breakfast on the boat, as does the Poe website. But if I had to guess, I'd think that the ship's trip was on the Ohana.

• 4 months later...
This is a new one on me. 10 hours long, includes lunch. The boat is what they call a Maxi-catamaran. $250.

Anybody done it?

Is this the same island that houses the Brando? I thought that access was restricted to the airplane that services the guests.

Do you know if the PG consortium provides passengers a way to visit the Brando?

Is this the same island that houses the Brando? I thought that access was restricted to the airplane that services the guests.

Do you know if the PG consortium provides passengers a way to visit the Brando?

It's been a while since I looked into this, but what I read was that this excursion does not visit the resort at all.

We did a "drive by" and got a good close up view. That's all you can get.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are thinking about doing this on the October 22 Cooks/Society cruise. My understanding was that it was more than a "drive by". While they don't visit the Brando, did you go ashore on the bird island or any other atoll?

We are thinking about doing this on the October 22 Cooks/Society cruise. My understanding was that it was more than a "drive by". While they don't visit the Brando, did you go ashore on the bird island or any other atoll?

No the Brando was most definitely a drive by. We were dropped off on RAT island (hundreds and hundreds of rats running around) and forced to walk to Bird Island which was a very long trek. The other boat that was there was ferrying people over.

With all due respect to Emdee - DO NOT USE the operator we used. She didn't know so that's ok. If we had used the slower boat it would have been much better. Hindsight is great for sure. I am very happy I went.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No the Brando was most definitely a drive by. We were dropped off on RAT island (hundreds and hundreds of rats running around) and forced to walk to Bird Island which was a very long trek. The other boat that was there was ferrying people over.

With all due respect to Emdee - DO NOT USE the operator we used. She didn't know so that's ok. If we had used the slower boat it would have been much better. Hindsight is great for sure. I am very happy I went.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked directly with Poe and "Bruce" replied confirming that Poe is the charter company for the Tetiaroa 10 hour cruise. Back to your observation about rat island. It seems from reading Tirip Advisor reviews that someone operates a "fast cat" or smaller catamaran and Poe has the Maxi Cat, I assume a larger vessel.

Were you on Poe and the larger boat? They seem to operate two sizes of vessels. Was the other boat a Poe boat as well? Did anyone ask why there was not a tender or other method for ferrying directly to Bird Island?

I checked directly with Poe and "Bruce" replied confirming that Poe is the charter company for the Tetiaroa 10 hour cruise. Back to your observation about rat island. It seems from reading Tirip Advisor reviews that someone operates a "fast cat" or smaller catamaran and Poe has the Maxi Cat, I assume a larger vessel.

Were you on Poe and the larger boat? They seem to operate two sizes of vessels. Was the other boat a Poe boat as well? Did anyone ask why there was not a tender or other method for ferrying directly to Bird Island?

We used Tahiti ......lagoon scroll up to find one of the Emdee posts where she mentions it. I was not involved with the planning. I doubt anyone knew what we were in for ahead of time. The larger, slower vessel definitely had their act together from what I could see. Again - I am happy I went. It just should have been a better experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went on Tahiti Voile.

I used trip advisor reviews to pick the operator and chose the one that had better reviews and faster times.

Our real bad luck was the rough seas getting there and the heavy rain back.

It was an adventure.

Liz got some great pics of bird island. And we had some nice encounters with whales.