Halifax Restaurant Recommendation

jpcello

My sister and I will be in Halifax next Thursday (Oct 13th). One her closest friends just happens to be visiting Halifax the exact time we'll be there. We're all foodies and I'm looking for a restaurant for us to have lunch. Doesn't have to be near the port - just exceptional food (but within a reasonable taxi ride from the port).

I'd strongly recommend the Bicycle Thief, which is just a short walk from the port along the Harbourfront. Just ask anyone to direct you to Bishop's Landing. Everyone is Halifax knows where it is. Bishop's Landing is the name of the development - the Bicycle Thief is one of its restaurants.

I'd strongly recommend the Bicycle Thief, which is just a short walk from the port along the Harbourfront. Just ask anyone to direct you to Bishop's Landing. Everyone is Halifax knows where it is. Bishop's Landing is the name of the development - the Bicycle Thief is one of its restaurants.

Thanks for the recommendation. Their menu looks interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We ended up eating at Five Fisherman (a friend was staying in Halifax for an extended period and the restaurant came highly recommended from the concierge at her hotel). We walked it from the ship terminal (took about 30 minutes). The restaurant is about 2-3 blocks from The Citadel.

The downstairs is casual dining during the day and their formal upstairs is only open in the evening (so we ate downstairs). They were so accommodating. My sister wanted to plug her mobility scooter in and they found her a spot to park it. Great food, excellent drinks (they introduced us to Nova Scotia Tidal Bay wines), and fabulous service.