Maya Chan vs Tropicante

bubbadogmom

Maya Chan vs Tropicante?

Will be in Costa Maya in a few weeks. Just me and my dad, looking for a nice chair with some shade and a nice beach, with some food and drink available....

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We loved Maya Chan and highly recommend it. The owners are as nice as can be and work very hard to make their resort beautiful for the customer. Food outstanding! Drinks flowing and my favorite part was sitting out in the chair in the water and having my marguerites brought out to me! Couples massage simple but a lovely time. A very relaxing day with everything except the massages included. Best guacamole, homemade tortillas and the rest of the food.

Add2109 -

Here's a map of the port https://www.chacchobenruins.com/find_us

Walking through the port to get to the taxi's took a bit of time and thought. First you walk down the long port walkway from the ships to the actual port. I'm sure there is a shuttle to take you to the port but I needed the exercise. Then you walk through all of the shopping stalls, shops and restaurants. I just kept walking toward, what I thought would be, the front entrance to the port (from the street). Just keep going in the opposite direction of where the ships are and you should find an exit. Then you have to walk across a large parking lot to the gate that is the "port gate". Once outside you should see taxis (all yellow vehicles) waiting. They are not allowed to pick you up in the port but they ARE allowed to drop you off in the port on your return. This video here helped me a bit in figuring it out..

The guy in this videos (along with his wife) works as cruise performers.. rather interesting videos on his travels.

I'd echo the comments about the food and friendliness at Maya Chan. They were awesome. The catch-of-the-day ... it's been two years, and I still remember it fondly.

There is a fair amount of seagrass, but they had a fellow removing it all day while we were there. Once you get further out in the ocean, there's much less of it.

Edited to Add: Has the seagrass situation improved in the last two years. If so, this place would be a no-brainer.

Edited by CanadianDee

I'd check availability of Maya Chan first as that may make the decision for you! You may get lucky but I understand they are usually booked up well in advance

Nope. Not lucky :(.

My fault. I usually book things too far in advance but dropped the ball this time.

Will have to find something else....