Has anyone gone deep sea fishing recently?

SouthCaribbean2017

I'm not sure anyone on a cruise would be able to go deep sea fishing. That is pretty much an all day affair for billfish, etc. There are some smaller boats that go out for light tackle fishing. You may be able to find one of those that will suit your schedule. Google Double Header for an example of what is available.

We will be on the Celebrity Equinox and X offers a deep sea fishing excursion that DH wants to go on. He is also looking for information.

I don't think he truly expects to snag a Marlin or tuna, but something longer than 12 inches would be nice. :p

I would say that if there one through a cruise excursion, take it. The light tackle boats catch tuna, mahi, wahoo, and barracuda.

There is not a cruise excursion for it for me, so I'll have to book independently. Just curious if people have gone fishing lately, if they caught anything awesome, and who they went with.

Okay, well those are the fish that usually are caught. Of course it depends on the weather, and the past couple of weeks have been very windy and rough, not conducive to fishing (except for the hard core!)

I'll be going over the summer myself, just trying to get pumped up by hearing about others' experiences.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure about St. Thomas, but on Alaska fishing trips, they will pack your fish in ice and sent them to you (if you wish).

Doubt you could bring them onboard tho (but I'm guessing you already knew that!).

Ok, silly question... Should one actually catch fish, what do you do with them? Can they be brought on board and cooked for dinner? :')

Based on my research, some outfits will clean the fish for you to take with you, and likely direct you to a local restaurant that can cook them! (my plan, hopefully!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok, this will be my last check-in, as my cruise is next month. I am going fishing, and I will report back. In the meantime, has anyone else fished recently?

We don't cruise until October, so await your review with 'bait'ed breath.....sorry, couldn't refuse!!! ;p

• 5 weeks later...
Ok, this will be my last check-in, as my cruise is next month. I am going fishing, and I will report back. In the meantime, has anyone else fished recently?

Hey!

You didn't say when your cruise was, but I am hoping that you are home and had a great time.

How did it go??