Docking st thomas but want to explore St. John

Laurba99

We have to be back by 4 at the latest (3:30 would be my latest because I am not missing the ship!) would you do a cruise tour or just get off the ship and cab over and explore and cab back? How long is the drive back so I can make sure it's plenty of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have to be back by 4 at the latest (3:30 would be my latest because I am not missing the ship!) would you do a cruise tour or just get off the ship and cab over and explore and cab back? How long is the drive back so I can make sure it's plenty of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely do the ship tour the first time. You get to see what is involved to get there. With traffic and/or ferry issues you could cut it close to get back on time, unless you go very early to give yourself some leeway getting back.

Yes I suggest doing cruiseship tour if it's your first time.

We did it on our own once....you take a taxi to the red hook ferry and purchase tickets (round trip) and take ferry over to St Johns. There you'll have to pick up another taxi to wherever you are wishing to go. We rented a car in St Johns and it was so much fun! Just be sure to get back to ferry in time and leave enough time for trip back from ferry to pier. But first time I suggest you use ships tour.

Yes I suggest doing cruiseship tour if it's your first time.

We did it on our own once....you take a taxi to the red hook ferry and purchase tickets (round trip) and take ferry over to St Johns. There you'll have to pick up another taxi to wherever you are wishing to go. We rented a car in St Johns and it was so much fun! Just be sure to get back to ferry in time and leave enough time for trip back from ferry to pier. But first time I suggest you use ships tour.

We are looking into a charter for the 4 of us.

How much was the taxi from Havensight to Red Hook?

Is it a flat rate or per person?

About how long does it take?

Thank you