Best excursion?

Teachmath1

If you have never done Dunns waterfalls that would be my #1 suggestion. We have been to Jamaica several times on ships and I spent 9 days there on vacation when I was about 12. About the only thing I remember clearly from 12 was the waterfalls and river rafting. Taking it forward we took our kids to the waterfalls from a ship when the kids were 6, 10, &. 12. They made enough impression on the kids that our 6 year old, now 14 year old says that it is her most memorable moment of that trip and one of her favorite excursions (okay zip lining and dolphins rate above the trip but you can do those in many other ports).

If you have done the waterfalls in Jamaica I would suggest doing zip lining, we have done zip lining a couple of places in Jamaica the only one I did not think was worth it was the one at Mystic Mountain. There are several places in Jamaica for zip lining so check and see how many zips they have and how long each are. We did one that was zip lining and tubing and I do not suggest it as the river there was so slow that you had to paddle most of it and it took forever (although this will have to do with how high the river is at the time you go) however the Zips there were excellent

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on your interest and flexibility we have done

Dunns ---

The caverns---

and four different zip lines

Next year doing the zip line again.

We would do any of the above again, but love zip lining.

Enjoy

Oh i am not sure from there we docked in Ocho Rios

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what I figured, I didn't think it would be so cheap from MB. I got quotes of $240-$140 for 5 people to go to Negril. But OP is probably docking in OR.

That's what I figured, I didn't think it would be so cheap from MB. I got quotes of $240-$140 for 5 people to go to Negril. But OP is probably docking in OR.

Yeah looks like it's over an hour an a half from MB

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...
If you have done the waterfalls in Jamaica I would suggest doing zip lining, we have done zip lining a couple of places in Jamaica the only one I did not think was worth it was the one at Mystic Mountain. There are several places in Jamaica for zip lining so check and see how many zips they have and how long each are. We did one that was zip lining and tubing and I do not suggest it as the river there was so slow that you had to paddle most of it and it took forever (although this will have to do with how high the river is at the time you go) however the Zips there were excellent

Was this the one with the inflatable kayaks? I've been looking at this one as a possibility. What time of year did you go? Maybe that would make a difference in how fast the river is--like if it's more rainy at that time of year. I think a slow river would be ok for us--it would be me, dh, and our daughters will be 13 & 15, so should have no problems paddling.