Galveston parking- lighthouse or EZcruise?

WeddNcruise

We like lighthouse.

We just follow I-45 all the way down it turns into Broadway and make a left on 29th street. We avoid the cruise day traffic (Harborside Dr can be a zoo).

While it is covered parking it is not enclosed. We make reservations on line and you can try anysail for a discount.

Remember, Galveston has staggered check in and enforce times. Happy Cruising.

Which one would you recommend? From what I understand you need a shuttle from both?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not have any information on Litehouse..however, I have parked at EZCruise 4 times and LOVE them. Use code 2016 to get a discount.

Actually I think they both offer a no shuttle option for less money but I'd still do the shuttle. I prefer Lighthouse of those two choices because their lot is higher elevation and all the spots are covered. They also have people on the shuttle to help with your luggage instead of just relying on the driver. I don't remember if EZ cruise did or not.

Personally I'd prefer Galveston Park N Cruise because there is no need for a shuttle but it sells out pretty quick.

When I drive my beast of a pickup (crewcab dually) I use Lighthouse. It's covered and spaces are large. If I'm driving a smaller vehicle I use Galveston Park n' Cruise because it's completely enclosed parking and really close (walkable even with a piece or 2 of luggage).

I don't know if you are aware that there is another parking building right across the street from the Carnival terminal at the red light on the corner. It is VIP Galveston Parking. We used them last April when we cruised and really liked them. We have used Park N Cruise twice and were also happy with them.

They cost more but are really nice and the parking slots seemed a little larger than Park N Cruise.

If it is still available when we cruise next April, we plan to do the valet parking.

Whichever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise.

I don't know if you are aware that there is another parking building right across the street from the Carnival terminal at the red light on the corner. It is VIP Galveston Parking. We used them last April when we cruised and really liked them. We have used Park N Cruise twice and were also happy with them.

They cost more but are really nice and the parking slots seemed a little larger than Park N Cruise.

If it is still available when we cruise next April, we plan to do the valet parking.

Whichever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise.

Ugh no! I didn't know about VIP Galveston parking. I booked lighthouse earlier today.

Hope they are good.

We used park n cruise on our first cruise and yes it was great, esp cuz u could walk right over.

Too bad it sold out this time.

Thanks for the info tho! Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whichever lot you have all parked at, how early do you book. We are cruising July 2, 2017 and trying to decide between cruise parking lot or one of the other lots.

You get a slight discount at most of them for booking in advance. Other than the Park N Cruise lot they generally never sell out. I've gone on a cruise during Mardi Gras on Valentine's Day while the Freedom was making it's debut and there was still drive up parking available.

I think there is a decent chance that no matter where you park it'll be a good experience.

We have used Lighthouse over 10 times and never had a complaint. They show you where to park and then you just unload your luggage and they then pick it up and put it on the shuttle.

They also have prompt pickup after the cruise. Never had to wait for a shuttle over a few minutes. I would gladly recommend them.

Please remember to tip them...that luggage is heavy!!! lol