Carnival Dream Out of New Orleans

MochaMacchiato

We will be cruising on the Dream out of New Orleans in November 2017. I am looking for a good park and cruise hotel within five miles or less from the Port. There will be three of us in the room and staying for one night before the cruise. We then want to leave our vehicle until we return the next weekend. Does anyone have any current recommendations that would include all of that for around $150? I can go upward towards $250 but would like to stay lower in price if possible.

NOLA is a pretty expensive city. Hotels and parking come at a premium. We cruise out of that port often, and frequent NOLA several times a year. We have found that if we stay at a hotel in Metairie (about an 18 minute drive away), and then pay for parking at the port, it usually comes out less expensive. When we have people cruising with us that are wanting to be NOLA tourists, we spring for a French Quarter or Business District hotel....but more times than not, we stay in Metairie. My aunt's favorite is the Sleep Inn and Suites in Metairie (our room is usually like $80 a night). There is even a Café DuMonde a couple blocks from the hotel. We wake up, eat breakfast there, and then drive to the port. It is less than 20 minutes away.

We will be cruising on the Dream out of New Orleans in November 2017. I am looking for a good park and cruise hotel within five miles or less from the Port. There will be three of us in the room and staying for one night before the cruise. We then want to leave our vehicle until we return the next weekend. Does anyone have any current recommendations that would include all of that for around $150? I can go upward towards $250 but would like to stay lower in price if possible.

This will probably be moved to the New Orleans forum section ...

but I can tell you that finding park & cruise near the port area is a pretty tough challenge

Here are 2 hotels I am aware of that might work for you:

Holiday Inn Superdome

Prytania Park Hotel

Otherwise you're probably better off staying in the suburbs and parking at Fulton Place parking garage.

I have been researching the same question. I found some possibilities on the website parksleephotels dot com. Hope this helps.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

I just checked this site out and all the hotels it listed for me were in the suburbs. :)

I have found one that sounded decent. The Crowne by the airport quoted me a double queen for one night at $219. That would include parking for while we are gone for a week. It also includes shuttle for two to the port with a $15 charge for the third person. We would have to take a taxi back but they said it would be $50. That is putting us at a total of around $300.

I'm liking the idea of the Sleep in Metarie near Cafe de Monde. Do you know if there is a Starbucks nearby? That would seal the deal. :o)

I have found one that sounded decent. The Crowne by the airport quoted me a double queen for one night at $219. That would include parking for while we are gone for a week. It also includes shuttle for two to the port with a $15 charge for the third person. We would have to take a taxi back but they said it would be $50. That is putting us at a total of around $300.

I'm liking the idea of the Sleep in Metarie near Cafe de Monde. Do you know if there is a Starbucks nearby? That would seal the deal. :o)

What dates in November are you looking at?

November 4th will be check-in and checking out the next morning.

Some place like this would be good:

https://www.countryinns.com/metairie-hotel-la-70002/usameta

It is $129 (refundable) a night.

If you wait until November of this year there will be a lot more options available to book as most places only book 1 year out.

hahahahahaha We love our Starbucks, too. Café du Monde has some fantastic coffee...but I understand the love of a good Starbucks beverage. Both Café du Monde and Starbucks are less than a mile from the Sleep Inn, and also, a two story Target is around the corner. We always get our last minute cruise necessities there, the night before.

We are cruising on the Dream on Oct. 23, and have booked a room at the Federal Inn & Suites. It's only 5 miles from the Port of New Orleans, and got good reviews from everything I read. We also only paid $88 for the night. Everything else we looked at was upwards of $250-$400 for this weekend. Not sure if you can leave your car there, but you can always park in the Fulton St. Garage.