Balmoral Island Beach Break + Dolphins

LuCruise

Anyone been on the Balmoral Island Beach Break excursion at Bahamas? If so, how is it?

Also, the picture and description lists 'for an additional charge, get close and swim with the dolphins'. Anyone know the cost of this? And is it geared to younger kids or more of a rough ride their back?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the same as the Private Island Beach day from Carnival? If so, I did this in early May and would go back again just for the beautiful beach! I had read beforehand that it is very $$$$ to eat and drink on the island and this is very true. It was $9.80 for a can of Bud Light! I brought a bunch of water and snacks (no one checked my bag). I would bring more drinks and snacks next time and would not spend a cent on anything on the island. The water was amazing, I can't stress this enough and was calm enough for my 4 y/o to wade out into and swim around with his puddle jumper (float) on.

I did not do the dolphin excursion but we walked over to where this was happening and watched people swim with sting rays and do the dolphin show. There were kids in there, probably 10 years old or so. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is the same as the Private Island Beach day from Carnival? If so, I did this in early May and would go back again just for the beautiful beach! I had read beforehand that it is very $$$$ to eat and drink on the island and this is very true. It was $9.80 for a can of Bud Light! I brought a bunch of water and snacks (no one checked my bag). I would bring more drinks and snacks next time and would not spend a cent on anything on the island. The water was amazing, I can't stress this enough and was calm enough for my 4 y/o to wade out into and swim around with his puddle jumper (float) on.

I did not do the dolphin excursion but we walked over to where this was happening and watched people swim with sting rays and do the dolphin show. There were kids in there, probably 10 years old or so. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer.

It's good to know that you managed to bring snacks as the excursion says you can't bring anything. ;)

Question...can anyone watch the Dolphin show? And if so, do you remember what time of day this occurred? (i.e. if afternoon, we'll be back on the ship)

How was the ride over? Were there toys activities or just a beach? We are thinking of doing the dolphin part of the excursion as well, but not sure if everyone in our group would want to do that.