San Juan restaurant?

irish2005

Can't remember the name but there was one restaurant right in the centre of old town that had parrots outside which was really good. Had nice seats outside where you could just sit and look! Just a short walk from the pier there are a few streets with numerous restaurants (Calle Tetuan, Calle Fortaleza)

We spent a few nights there and I can't remember having a bad meal.

Just a work of warning, as you get up towards the San Felipe del Morrow Fort there are a few less savory places - this is a long way from the port area but just be aware

Guest maddycat

When ever we're in Old San Juan we go to Punto de Vista restaurant. Excellent, reasonably priced, authentic Puerto Rican food. They also have great mojitos. I love the coconut mojitos.

The restaurant is located on the top floor of a small hotel. You take the elevator up to the 4th floor and then must walk up the last flight of stairs. If you can't handle stairs, then this restaurant is not for you.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/punto-de-vista-restaurant-san-juan

A vote for Cafe Puerto Rico on the square of Fortaleza (there is a market there during the day). Excellent mofungo (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but hey) - our guide recommended the restaurant and suggested that we get the yucca mofungo rather than the plantain. Make sure you try some of the plantain appetizers though - they are the bomb!:D

Raices - authentic Puerto Rican food.

It's a block from the ship. Food is very good. This is the restaurant that was featured on Man vs. Food for their Chuleta Cancan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Edited by caza1518

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in old san juan. Would like to try some local cuisine.

I found a place which is called cafe Del Punto (i think that was the name)

Was a little grungy but great local food on Fortaleza.

• 2 weeks later...
Any good restaurants within walking distance from either of the forts? Lunch preferably.

We really enjoyed lunch at Cafe Manolin. The place (tables and counter service) was packed at lunch with a lot of locals. Loved the mofongo. I thought it was actually better than a couple of the non-tourist/non-Old San Juan restaurants we visited with our friends' folks who live in San Juan.