Family Balcony Stateroom - bookable for 2 people too?

me_phisto

Dear all,

Just back from our first NCL cruise with the Norwegian Epic through the West Mediterranean, which was really great.

Due to that fact we are already looking for another cruise with NCL in the future :). Probably this time with the Breakaway 12 nights from NY to the Southern Caribbean.

After checking prices I saw some of the cabins/categories have limited availability respectivley family balcony staterooms have a good price-performance ratio (price vs. location on ship).

As we are quite new to NCL: is it allowed to book for two persons a family balcony stateroom too or is there some kind of a limit, that e.g. only 4 people are able too book that kind of stateroom?

Thank you and kind regards,

Dominik

I'm sorry in advance, might not be correct answer? I don't see why you can't book a family room even if it is just the two of you, But do you really want that area, As usually... there are families... small kids, or just kids in general, might be noisey for 2 adults traveling with out any kids, But the locations are great, near the elevators, Best bet is to call NCL and try to book the room for 2. or just do a mock on line and see if it accepts.. When are you traveling the southern?

Yes you can book. The name has more to do with location as they are close to the Splash Academy. I stayed in these cabins over the summer and noise was not an issue.

Also I doubt there will be many children on a 12 night cruise.

Dear all,

Just back from our first NCL cruise with the Norwegian Epic through the West Mediterranean, which was really great.

Due to that fact we are already looking for another cruise with NCL in the future :). Probably this time with the Breakaway 12 nights from NY to the Southern Caribbean.

After checking prices I saw some of the cabins/categories have limited availability respectively family balcony staterooms have a good price-performance ratio (price vs. location on ship).

As we are quite new to NCL: is it allowed to book for two persons a family balcony stateroom too or is there some kind of a limit, that e.g. only 4 people are able too book that kind of stateroom?

Thank you and kind regards,

Dominik

I'd have to ask, why a "family balcony" for two?

If you are looking for more room, make sure you check out the square footage of the selected cabin.

Some family cabins provide pull down bunks, but the square ft. space is the same as other regular cabins.

The two of us were assigned(BX-Balcony Guarantee) a family cabin for our next cruise.

Edited by $hip$hape

DH and I (we are Seniors) ended up being offered an upgrade from NCL to a family mini-suite on the Breakaway last Jan. when the prices on our booked balcony cabin dropped significantly. We were located on the 12th deck, which has the kid's splash academy, but never experienced any problem with noise. Personally, I have more of a problem with "rowdy adults":p...LOL.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your helpful comments! I tought family staterooms might be reserved to 3/4 guests only, that's why I asked.

Now it's clear and planning can go ahead:)

Kind regards from Vienna,

Dominik