Health curious

OHSHIPIloveyou

There should be ZERO cases in this country! Had our government done their job which by the way is to protect the citizens of this country no one from the infected countries should have been allowed in as soon as there was an outbreak! It does no good to close the barn door after the horse has gone into the field. But as usual our leadership has decided to lead from the rear. Why is it our government thinks nothing of inconviencing the citizens of this country, but wouldn't say boo to someone from another country coming in who may have a deadly desease?

We would not be having any of these conversations if our government had DONE THEIR JOB and put the citizens welfare first!

A nurse in Spain has Ebola. Should we ban all travel to and from Spain?

Aft Cabins Rule

Apparently a Coast Guard helicopter landed on the ship at sea yesterday. Someone took a blood sample, tested it overnight and today it was reported as negative for Ebola..... thankfully, for her and everyone else.

She and her DH were the first off the ship this morning when it was cleared, they were put into a white van, driven to their own car and they were sent on their way to drive home with no restrictions.

Thanks goodness for them and for there families...

I would like to say hallelujah for the rest of the cruise passengers and staff. Around of applause still for The Port stops turning away the ship .

For now we are all better to follow the BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY and what ever the ,flight ,cruise, border crossing , goverment , health officials implement till we know more. Just sit back accept and feel they are doing it for us.

Thanks goodness for them and for there families...

I would like to say hallelujah for the rest of the cruise passengers and staff. Around of applause still for The Port stops turning away the ship .

For now we are all better to follow the BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY and what ever the ,flight ,cruise, border crossing , goverment , health officials implement till we know more. Just sit back accept and feel they are doing it for us.

Great news today all around 21 days has been met for the suspected Ebola patients so they have been released. More to go but a good sign.

Also Canada has sent the first round of Anti virus off ...This is awsome news ...

Nobody aboard the Carnival Magic was suspected of having Ebola. We had a lab supervisor that may or may not have handled specimens from an Ebola patients. The individual was healthy when she came aboard the ship and was medically cleared (via blood test) before the ship returned to Galveston Sunday morning.

While aboard the ship, the CDC changed its rules governing monitoring people who had been in close proximity to Ebola. The lab supervisor (and her companion) voluntarily isolated themselves in their cabin after the rules change. They were not being held against their will and therefore weren’t “released”. They just got off the ship like any other passengers.

As for Belize & Mexico . . . Belize refused to allow the individual & her companion to leave the country via the local airport. They did, however, allow the rest of the passengers/crew get off the ship (and spend their tourist dollars). Mexico, having had their tourist industry crushed by the US media during the H1N1 scare of 2009, chose to NOT allow the ship to port.

If you want to be thankful about something, be thankful that some fool on the ship didn't go nuts and try to do those two people harm.

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Great news today all around 21 days has been met for the suspected Ebola patients so they have been released. More to go but a good sign.

Also Canada has sent the first round of Anti virus off ...This is awsome news ...

Maybe you can explain?

I heard a vaccine developed in Canada is being tested in U.S.? Is that accurate? If so, why? :confused:

Thanks.

Maybe you can explain?

I heard a vaccine developed in Canada is being tested in U.S.? Is that accurate? If so, why? :confused:

Thanks.

Press release from yesterday - http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29680393 AND http://news.yahoo.com/experimental-ebola-vaccine-expected-geneva-tuesday-hospital-172512539.html

And today - https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada-urged-cancel-ebola-vaccine-licence-transfer-rights-172403249.html

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Maybe you can explain?

Thanks.

Hi the vaccine is in hands of World Health Authorities.

One of the major reason is for the boarder doctors and health care workers. It right now is what we have to protect till we have more information and studies show it works. The same thing was done in the fight against Poilo.

Canada's vaccine is one shot and US is a two shot.

How do you feel...should border doctors who have treated Ebola when they return have a 21 day quarantine before returning to the rest of the world ? :confused:

Given the newly diagnosed Doctor in New York City, I think I would say yes to 21 day quarantine. I don't like saying this as these men and women contribute so much but sadly, this new case seems to indicate a need.