Regent Cruise - South Pacific

gusjakefred

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic and the Regent board. Although we have only sailed on the Paul Gauguin in the Tahiti, we have done many Regent cruises and just looked up a sample itinerary that Regent does in Tahiti. In my opinion, Regent offers some wonderful excursions in Tahiti.

I noticed the Shark, Stingray and Snorkel Safari in Bora Bara is offered at no cost. We took that excursion and will remember it forever - it was great (and we paid for it). I have no doubt that Regent would do a wonderful job in Tahiti -- just as they do throughout the world.

Tahiti is a magical place -- whether you choose Regent or the PG, you will love it.

We were getting ready to book PG when Regent came out with this itinerary. We immediately booked Regent. These were my reasons: bigger cabins with Regent, included tours, we have sailed on the Mariner several times, we love the Regent ambiance, we get free Internet with Regent. Our TA concurred it was a good decision. Look at both and see which cruise line appeals more to you.

Forevertravel.:)

We've been on the Mariner and the Voyager all through French Polynesia and it was great. The only thing that might be missing compared to the Paul Gauguin is the flip down watersports area in the stern. Tours are OK, a bit touristy, but you could certainly go on your own in a rental car and see lots of stuff. We focused mainly on inland tours, and were happy. Being french speakers made it easy to just walk around Papeete. Our favorite is Moorea, and we were lucky enough to sample the Marquesas from the Mariner in the good old days when it had just changed from Radisson. Brings back great memories!

We have traveled on the Paul Gauguin twice, once when Regent and once after. We have also traveled on the Voyager last year between istanbul and Dubai. We loved all. If returning to the South Pacific, we would prefer the Paul Gauguin because of smaller size, more intensive experiences on both excursions and private islands, the ease in snorkeling or scuba events, and an overall feeling of more suited to the locale.