Singapore Zoo Orangutang Zoo Breakfast post cruise

downundermatt

Our cruise arrives Singapore at 2pm Saturday, and concludes there overnight.

The next morning I was planning on dropping my bags at the Marina Bay left baggage and head for the zoo, to do the orangutang breakfast.

Any idea what time I can disembark the last day (or when we will do customs) ?

Is it easy to get to the zoo from the Marina Bay Cruise Center ?

Should I attempt this by public transport or taxi, I would like to be at the zoo by 0930 ideally.

Cheers :confused:

Our cruise arrives Singapore at 2pm Saturday, and concludes there overnight.

The next morning I was planning on dropping my bags at the Marina Bay left baggage and head for the zoo, to do the orangutang breakfast.

Any idea what time I can disembark the last day (or when we will do customs) ?

Is it easy to get to the zoo from the Marina Bay Cruise Center ?

Should I attempt this by public transport or taxi, I would like to be at the zoo by 0930 ideally.

Cheers :confused:

We did the breakfast this January when we had an overnight in Singapore at Marina Bay. We didn't disembark in Singapore but they are usually quite efficient there. I would give yourself some time though as you don't want to be caught short. The terminal itself is very sterile in feel so I would recommend sorting out your bags and going to the zoo early, it opens at 8.30am. We enjoyed just walking around. Don't forget to look up as the orangtangs actually have areas where they can use ropes and trees in different parts of the zoo. You will realise this by seeing the ropes and trampoline structures hanging in the trees.

As DipBrat mentioned the zoo is a half hour taxi trip so it's best to take a taxi. I can't remember the price but it was quite reasonable. We left at 9am and got there at 9.30am. We got to have a little walk around the area where the breakfast was to be held beforehand.

I booked on line ahead of time, about six weeks I think. We were so lucky because of our seats. We sat opposite each other at the end of a long bench table with a one seat gap between ourselves and the couple next to us. Our seats were right next to the roped area which was next to were the Orangutangs sat and were presented. I got some wonderful photos and I loved being so close to them.

The breakfast was a mix of Asian and Western buffet foods. My husband and I thought it was fine and we were happy.

Julie