Bermuda excursion question?

Another-Adventure

I could really use some suggestions here! We will be on Grandeur out of Baltimore next month for our first trip to Bermuda. We will really only be docked from 1:00pm on one day until 2:30 the following day. Early on, I scheduled two excursions through RCI (snorkeling 1:30-5:00 on the first day, and kayak tour 9:00-12:30 on the second day). While those do sound great, I'm now realizing that we will have little to no time for anything else! Should I keep both excursions? Try to see other sights? What would be the best use of our limited time? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are doing the Grandeur to Bermuda in August. This will be our 8th time in Bermuda. It is a wonderful island to visit. We have the same hours there as you do, arriving on Saturday and leaving on Sunday. We have always done our own thing while in Bermuda because it is so easy to get around on public transportation. There are more limited choices with transportation on the weekend. There is no ferry to St. George for one thing. Unless you are really set on snorkeling and Kayaking, I think I would use the time to see places like Horseshoe Bay Beach, Gibbs lighthouse, and maybe some time in Hamilton going to the gardens, churches, and forts and checking out the Dockyard area. But, again, it is your choice. One thing we did one time was to go to Somerset Village and rent a Boston Whaler motorboat and sail around the area on our own and check out a sunken ship and some beautiful small beaches along the way. We rented it for four hours and really had a great time. Using public transportation is very easy. You can get tokens at the Visitor Centers at the dockyard for $4.50 each. Each trip requires 2 tokens per person. There are also one and two day passes if you are planning on traveling more places by bus or Ferry. The ferry ride to Hamilton is really nice and you get to see all along the shoreline from the ferry.

Has anyone done the jet ski excursion in Bermuda? Carnival doesn't offer it, but we will be there 2.5 days, so if I book the first day I'm not worried about missing the ship! Just wondering about the experience. We done it in Key west last year and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where is the best place to purchase the transportation passes? I heard they are no longer selling them close to where the ships dock ?

They are selling them at the pier. They backed off the idea of not selling multi-day passes before it was ever put into effect.

Edited by njhorseman

Before you purchase a multi-day pass, do some calculating on how many times you are going to use the public transportation each day. For example, if you are planning on taking the Ferry to St. George, and spending the day there, with a return Ferry ride to the Dockyard, you will only need two tokens for each person. Since Tokens are $4.50 each, the day's transportation would only cost $9 per person which is half price on the one day Transportation Pass. If you are planning on doing several bus or ferry rides in one day, the Pass is the better buy. Both tokens and the passes are available at the Visitor Centers at the Dockyard.