How far ahead

syr101

I always book hotels, cars, etc. as soon as we commit to a cruise or trip.....most times I book at least two (2) different hotels, depending on their availability and price. Then, we decide as we get closer to the trip date which hotel we want to stay at. For Hawaii, we originally booked 3 different hotels - one on Waikiki, one a block from the beach, and one 2 blocks from the beach. Guess what? We are keeping the one 2 blocks from the beach - it gets high marks from travelers, and the cost was about 1/2 the cost of the beach hotel - we will use the substantial savings from our 3 night pre-cruise stay on more excursions and side trips. It works for us - may not be for everyone with unlimited resources.......the room is basically for sleeping as we will sightsee as much as possible during the day.....

In the past, if we book a cruise 2 years out - I will immediately start looking for hotels, transportation, car rental, etc. I have lots of time on my hands as I have been retired for 5 years (retired at 57), and enjoy the "hunt" - same goes for seeking out low cruise fares....:)

I've booked an oceanfront room at the Park Shore Waikiki for an upcoming pre-cruise stay. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor -- they are very good, especially after the recent refurbishment. Very reasonable rates!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app