shore excursions for montego bay, cozumel, grand caymans

etnocaha

We are cruising with our entire family (6 adults, 4 kids(11,10,9,7) in October on the Carnival Dream. Any suggestions for shore excursions, cost-wise and entertainment.Also, a suggestion for a beach to go would be appreciated.

Mr sanchos in Cozumel. Check out their website. Your kids will have a blast. We did nachi cocum, but that is quieter and not the water toys. If we had taken kids we would have went to mr sanchos.

Ziplining was previously mentioned, and we did it and loved it in Roatan. We were going to take our 11 year old granddaughter in Hawaii last month but she didn't weigh enough, so something to consider.

Edited by kona_wahine

The kids would enjoy Stingray City in Grand Cayman for sure. Check out https://www.captainmarvins.com/ Stay away from the Carnival excursion on this one. IMHO There is also 7 Mile Beach. Cozumel - the Dolphin Encounter is not to be missed. It is expensive though... http://www.**********************cozumel/cozumel-location-overview.asp At least worth doing once. Montego Bay - lots of folks go to Doctor's Cove Beach but there is also Dunn's River Falls. Check out the threads on the Ports of Call in Cruise Critic. Lots of good choices.

I thought Mr. Sanchos was pricey for what you get, but I think I'm the only person that isn't impressed. I think we might look at Playa Mia this time around.

Loves Stingray City in Cayman and Captain Marvin's was wonderful! Great guys!

Montego Bay we just went to Margaritaville and played there. Lots of water toys. Touristy but fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's expensive, but the submarine in Grand Cayman in the one shore excursion my DH still talks about 4.5 years later. Fabulous! Even me, mrs. Claustraphobic thought it was educational, interesting, death devying, and great! Saw turtle, fish, corals, and we went down about 115 feet. This is one of the best ways to see the beauty of the ocean with out having to swim. LOL, yes we swim, but dont think we would have seen the abundance of life all in one hour of our lives. Have a great cruise!

We did Carnival's stingray and coral garden excursion in Grand CaymanI loved it! The tour company was wonderful...very personable, friendly, and informative. I was able to get it for $35pp with their price match guarantee.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by AmandaBlue

In Cozumel, we like Paradise Beach. Take a cab from the port. It's on the quiet side and there are a lot of things to do. There is a pool and a beautiful beach for $2 per person (they do say you have to spend $10 on food and drink... but I don't remember them tracking it). It has showers, bathrooms, and a changing room. There are also water toys (trampolines, slides, etc) for $12 for the day, if the kids would be interested in that. Lockers available for rent as well.

In Grand Cayman, we like Royal Palms Beach Resort, a resort just a cab ride away. The beach is beautiful, and there is a pool, but if I remember correctly, the pool is adults only. This is my favorite beach :) The admission is $2 per person, and beach chairs are $7, if you want to rent them. There is also a pretty decent view of the cruise ships anchored. We like to go, then come back and shop at the port (I always stop and get a pandora bead... I get one for each cruise).