Just booked

jackal24

If you have made final payment then you wont want to switch to a ta as you may loose out financially. Booking directly with SB is no problem, to be honest they will contact you directly with upgrade offers first, so it is sometimes advantageous.

Thanks

Er - I don't think anyone was chastising the new Seabourn traveller. It just seems like good manners for the existing traveller to, perhaps, quickly put their info. on the referral sticky and then immediately reply to the new traveller, directing them to it. No? That way one just manages to keep within the unspoken rules of CC,I think.

Well if it was the first time i had posted on here asking for help and somebody directed me elsewhere saying i had posted in the wrong place i would view it as unnecessary nit picking.

I think there are far more important issues in the world to be worrying about.

As i said, i consider myself told!

Well if it was the first time i had posted on here asking for help and somebody directed me elsewhere saying i had posted in the wrong place i would view it as unnecessary nit picking.

I think there are far more important issues in the world to be worrying about.

As i said, i consider myself told!

Tilly I am sure you are not worried about being told, but it seems to me that others always like to but in. I in the past have been told about this and like you I think that there are more important things to think about.:eek::eek:

I am sure the OP was very pleased that you gave them a referral voucher.

Leesre, thanks i agree. I will join you on the naughty step!

I was not going out of the way to be obtuse. Sometimes referring someone elsewhere isn't in my opinion appropriate,as in this case.

Tilly, I don't fault you at all! You responded first to OP and expedited getting him/her a voucher. By responding first to OP's question, why shouldn't you also be the one to get a voucher? What is this "fairness" nonsense? Anyone else on the Referral Sticky thread who read OP's question could've answered OP's question before Tilly did. First come, first served. You did nothing wrong, Tilly!

Incidentally, I was a Seabourn newbie (just last year) and was looking for a referral and posted asking for one on the Sticky thread about midnight- 1 am California time, just before I went to bed. Since most of my fellow Americans were likely asleep at this time, a Brit was the first to respond. Several others from various other locales did, too. So when I looked at all the responses the next day, I felt the fairest thing to do was to give the referral to the Brit, since he had responded first and and also supplied additional helpful info. As said above, first come, first served.

OK, maybe I should not have 'butted in' in most people's opinion. I guess I was just toeing the party line, which for Seabourn CC is that newbies should be asked, nicely, to look for a referral on the sticky at the top, which is what generally happens. The OP is not travelling until November, so has plenty of time to sort it out.

Simply that there was no rush involved! By the way, I have no personal axe to grind here; I do not have a referral offer on the sticky.

You will have noted that our Host agreed with me. Obviously there are no actual 'rules' on the board, except for being reasonably polite to one another, which is pretty well always adhered to on this board, not so much on some others!

Anyway, as the referral is now done, enough on this topic I reckon.