Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze Tours ???

griz400

has anyone used this place for excursions ?? we are looking for something to do in belize, we see alot of pics of caye caulker, looks like a place to have some island food, drinks, crafts, etc, looks nice and this place has what seems to be a nice little excursion ....

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/Caye/Caulker/cruise/beach/current_category.15/Product.11/tours_add.html?t_product=11

they also have a shark and stingray tour with lunch for 75.00

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2

thank you for ideas, cyndee and jeff

....looks like that they stop at caye caulker, then to reef, so if anyone doesnt want to snorkle or do the shark/stingray thing, they can stay at caye caulker, meet up with rest of people at a certain place and time ...

Edited by griz400

• 2 weeks later...

205 looks, and not 1 response, thanks anyways,we changed our mind, we booked a snorkle trip through norwegian .... http://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?qs=N%3D4294966728%26Ne%3D8057%26Nr%3DAND%2528p_Record_Type%253ASF%252Cp_Shorex_Status%253AAVL%2529%26Nu%3Dp_Shorex_Package_Id

Barrier Reef & Snorkel Island Beach Break

we know its at bannister island or key what people call it, but it does 1 thing we like , its at 8.30, and its like 3.5 hrs, then we can look around belize ...

• 2 weeks later...
205 looks, and not 1 response, thanks anyways,we changed our mind, we booked a snorkle trip through norwegian .... http://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?qs=N%3D4294966728%26Ne%3D8057%26Nr%3DAND%2528p_Record_Type%253ASF%252Cp_Shorex_Status%253AAVL%2529%26Nu%3Dp_Shorex_Package_Id

Barrier Reef & Snorkel Island Beach Break

we know its at bannister island or key what people call it, but it does 1 thing we like , its at 8.30, and its like 3.5 hrs, then we can look around belize ...

Sorry- just saw this or I would have responded. You made the right decision IMHO.

I am hardly on CC any more after we have switched from cruising to all inclusive resorts. Anyway, there have been a ton of reports here about Coral Breeze. To quickly repeat, they were great when they used Hammerhead boat crew ,and their ship sank after that, so to speak. We were crammed into a small, one engine boat for the 1 1/2 hour ride to Caulker and Shark Ray..My wife went as an observer, dressed nicely. We were bombarded with salt water there and back. It was totally miserable. The snorkeling was good, but we barely had time at Caulker to even eat. After the horrible ride back they unloaded us by some cement wall, not where we left from,and there were armed agents waiting to check the crew for whatever reason ? We were back at Belize City in March and I bumped into the Hammerhead guy that used to work for them and we had a nice chat about Coral. All I can say is unless you are sure they have changed , DO NOT use them I would suggest a water taxi to Caulker and a private boat from there out to reef for snorkeling, a 4 min. ride. Good luck with whatever you decide...

Edited by TXSAIL

• 3 weeks later...

There are two water taxis...Belize Express is just right out the gate to the left maybe 100 yards, Make another left and walk toward the water and it is no your right, and I promise, no one will maul you. I believe it should still be less than $20 PP round trip, and about an hour each way. You could not get me to go again with Coral Breeze if it was free....

Do you get a water taxi at the dock where the tender drops you off? Do you know how much the water taxi costs and how long is the ride? I am assuming you can get a private boat out to the reef once you get to Caulker?

• 2 months later...

Water Taxi is very easy to use! They are reliable and I believe depart approx every 90 min during peak hours? Approx $24/rt. Very easy to find them when you step off the ship. Just ask someone and they'll point you in the right direction.

Look the schedule up online and know what the departure times are. Belize uses a tender and ships take their own tours off first. We've been before where we almost missed our tour b/c it took so long to get the cruise ship tours off the boat and then tender the rest of us off the ship. With the taxi to CC you have flexibility w/ your departure. If you have time to kill you can grab a beer or two or three to pass the time and/or take on the taxi with you.

Wouldn't hesitate to do this!