In Moorea Now, Nov 9 - 14

Mercruiser

While in the process of updating my web photo site, I broke the link to the Tahiti photo gallery. Here is the new link:

I have also added photos from the rest of the trip, including the Celebrity Solstice Auckland to Sydney cruise. Here is the link to the other photo galleries:

On another note, I am starting to plan another trip to French Polynesia in 2015.

Edited by Mercruiser

No need to purchase the ticket before hand but once you have figured out which ferry time your taking let the transport company know so they will know when to expect you.

Here you go

Moorea ferry schedule

http://www.aremiti.net/

No ferry on Sunday? I must be reading this wrong. We disembark on a Sunday morning and need to go to Moorea. Advice?

Looks like the fast ferry doesn't run, but Aremiti 2 has 4 runs on Sundays. There's also Air Tahiti if you want to fly over.

Does anyone know how long Aremiti 2 takes to make the crossing? We will be landing at 5am so we're not sure we'll make the 7:30 am transit for Aremiti 5.

No ferry on Sunday? I must be reading this wrong. We disembark on a Sunday morning and need to go to Moorea. Advice?

According to this web page, they are running a modified schedule for Easter weekend: http://www.aremiti.pf/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Note-dinformation-N%C2%B037.04-ok.jpg

or here: https://twitter.com/Aremiti_5

It looks like you will have to ride the slower Aremiti ferry or go on the Terevau. The Terevau appears to be running on Sunday (Dimanche) per this schedule:

https://www.facebook.com/TerevauTahiti/app_208195102528120

The Terevau pier is right next to the Aremiti pier in both Papeete and Moorea. When we arrived in Papeete, our airport taxi driver was very helpful and took us right to the the ferry. If your taxi driver is as helpful, he will know whether the next ferry is the Aremiti or the Teravue and take you right to the correct drop off location.

The Aremiti 5 crossing time is about 30 minutes. The slower Aremiti Ferry crossing time is about 50 minutes. The Terevau is also a fast ferry with a 30 minute crossing time.

• 3 months later...
It is near the time for us to leave the Hilton Moorea. We are taking the afternoon ferry to Papeete. I have a car reserved with Avis at the downtown location. We will tour the island until dark and then get dinner at the roulettes. Our flight to New Zealand leaves at 2:00 a.m. :( We will arrive in Auckland bright and early at 6:00 a.m. for our Celebrity Solstice cruise to Sydney.

The Hilton Moorea is my new favorite resort. We really loved our OWB, #109. I would pick this room again, or any of its neighbors facing Opunohu Bay. We were fortunate to book this hotel on the Hilton AXON awards before the points devaluation earlier this year. I paid 20000 XPF per night for the upgrade to the panoramic OWB. I am very happy with how it all turned out.

I have loaded all of my pictures in this gallery. The WiFi here is really good.

I reorganized my web photo site. Unfortunately, this had the unintended side effect of breaking the link. Here is the updated link to my picture gallery: