Mexican Riviera with a toddler

sherease23

We will be traveling with a toddler. Whenever we get off in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan will it be an issue to have our stroller? I read that there are buses from Puerto Vallarta but I wasn't sure if there's room on the buses for a stroller. Also how much do the buses cost do you pay per person or per family?

We will be traveling with a toddler. Whenever we get off in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan will it be an issue to have our stroller? I read that there are buses from Puerto Vallarta but I wasn't sure if there's room on the buses for a stroller. Also how much do the buses cost do you pay per person or per family?

You will hardly see just a few strollers in Puerto Vallarta. Most babies and kids are carried by their parents.

In case you have a stroller that folds (umbrella type) you can take it in the bus, otherwise not realy since there will be no space for it.

Buses in Vallarta cost 7,50 per person one way(which is just over 50 cts.) , no transfers. I am not sure what kids pay and at what age.

Most drivers will accept US$, bills no coins. Possible change will be in Pesos.

Edited by Ine

So 50 cents in usd? But not coins?

Give them $1 bill, no quarters. Should be good for 2. You might get change back in pesos.

The locals do not want US coins. In our experience foreign coinage is not exchanged at any money changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Give them $1 bill, no quarters. Should be good for 2. You might get change back in pesos.

The locals do not want US coins. In our experience foreign coinage is not exchanged at any money changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The official rate is Pesos 7,50 per person. Depending the driver and the exchange rate maybe 1 USD is not enough for 2 persons. But even with US$ 2,- and a possible change in Pesos it still is a cheap ride.