Big Bus - Hop On Hop Off in Hong Kong

loeb

Where is the closest bus stop to the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal? Will we have to take a taxi to get to the bus stop? Thanks in advance for your help.

We actually booked it through our ship (RCI Mariner) easy and no price difference.

Did RCI provide transportation to the nearest bus stop and was it crowded?

Yes they did...the RCI bus was full but once we got on the HOHO the first bus we took not bad at all...we had no trouble and this option worked out great we only wish we would have had more time in HK...with an overnight on arrival night and a 4:00pm departure that really didn't give us much time....or as much as we thought we had. Don't waste time HO at Victoria Peak if the weather looks at all bad....so glad we didn't as those that did could see nothing...glad we opted to go all the way out to Stanley Market.

Where is the closest bus stop to the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal? Will we have to take a taxi to get to the bus stop? Thanks in advance for your help.

We are also booked for the Hop on Hop off bus and had emailed them this exact question. Here's the answer I got!

"We will provide a free shuttle service from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal to our start point at Central Ferry Pier 7."

We are also booked for the Hop on Hop off bus and had emailed them this exact question. Here's the answer I got!

"We will provide a free shuttle service from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal to our start point at Central Ferry Pier 7."

I hope your response is the correct answer, this is the response I got

Thank you for choosing Big Bus Tours as your sightseeing partner.

Since we do have any stop near by the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, you may take a taxi directly to our Big Bus Tours Information Centre below to redeem your ticket. Our uniformed staff are there to assist you.

(i) Big Bus Tours Information Centre (Central)

1/Shop i2, 1st Floor, Central Ferry Pier No.7 (Service Hour: 09:15am-18:00pm)

(ii) Big Bus Tours Information Centre (TST)

2/Unit KP-38, 1st Floor, Kowloon Star Ferry Pier, TsimShaTsui (Service Hour: 09:00am-18:45pm)

Should you have further queries, please feel free to contact us, thanks.

Best Regards,

Candy Sze

Customer Service Representative

I hope your response is the correct answer, this is the response I got

Thank you for choosing Big Bus Tours as your sightseeing partner.

Since we do have any stop near by the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, you may take a taxi directly to our Big Bus Tours Information Centre below to redeem your ticket. Our uniformed staff are there to assist you.

(i) Big Bus Tours Information Centre (Central)

1/Shop i2, 1st Floor, Central Ferry Pier No.7 (Service Hour: 09:15am-18:00pm)

(ii) Big Bus Tours Information Centre (TST)

2/Unit KP-38, 1st Floor, Kowloon Star Ferry Pier, TsimShaTsui (Service Hour: 09:00am-18:45pm)

Should you have further queries, please feel free to contact us, thanks.

Best Regards,

Candy Sze

Customer Service Representative

This sounds like "if" booking directly with the HOHO...then "yes" you would have to get there on your own.

If you book with RCI you will be given a ship excursion ticket (left in your cabin with instructions on time and place to meet onboard)...You will then take an RCI provided bus that will take you to the ferry terminal to board your HOHO bus. Very easy to do.

Loeb,

I booked the HOHO bus through my travel club at a discount and have a ticket with a bar code. The correspondence regarding the free shuttle came from Candy Sze Customer Service Representative.

Hope we can straighten out the confusion before (or when) we get there on Nov 7.

Flo

Loeb,

I booked the HOHO bus through my travel club at a discount and have a ticket with a bar code. The correspondence regarding the free shuttle came from Candy Sze Customer Service Representative.

Hope we can straighten out the confusion before (or when) we get there on Nov 7.

Flo

thanks for the information. hopefully they will let us use the shuttle.

thanks for the information. hopefully they will let us use the shuttle.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but unless you purchased the HOHO with RCI they will not let you on their shuttle to the ferry terminal.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but unless you purchased the HOHO with RCI they will not let you on their shuttle to the ferry terminal.

Thanks, the response above was not booked through RCI or Celebrity in our case. It was through another agency (travel club)

Enjoy the HOHO regardless of how you get to it :)

Thanks, fortunately a taxi is not that expensive and we maybe able to take the MRT to the Star Ferry to get on the HOHO.

Thanks, fortunately a taxi is not that expensive and we maybe able to take the MRT to the Star Ferry to get on the HOHO.

Sorry but in Hong Kong it's the MTR (Mass Transit Railway)

The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) is in China & Singapore.

Don't want you to end up in the wrong...country :eek::eek::D

Loved using the MRT.

Edited by Ashland