Souvenir ideas

SunshineCruiser24

I have like eleven or 12 people to shop for and about $150 to spend. I'm looking for suggestions on cute little souvenirs I can bring back for my coworkers and stuff. I hear the straw market is not a good place to get good deals or authentic goods. I'm looking to spend maybe $5 or less than $10. Ideas on where to go, what to buy? Nassau is really the only port we will be shopping in. It's either there or the boat!

Once you hit Bay St, there are a TON of shops to browse at. We seen a lot of shops advertising tee-shirts for $3.99 each--just basic ones that say something about Nassau or the Bahamas.

You can definitely find a lot of items within your budget, just not sure if they are authentic items? We bought a bahama calendar ($15)--very pretty. Tea (my mom loves tea), beach wraps ($10-$15)...just various things that we know people would like and you can easily find a lot of stuff for under $20. Bought some alcohol...but like others have said, it is comparable to ship prices!

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas ornaments if they celebrate Christmas. There's a stand inside where you first get off the ship in Nassau. They had some fairly large (6" or so) pink "angels" made from conch shells. Little different than others I've seen. I've also brought back calendars that support a local organization. They usually have recipes inside.

To be perfectly honest, I've pretty much convinced friends that we won't exchange gifts any longer. Let's everbody off the hook!