Noise in Vision class Cabins near Centrum?

We're about to book our first RCI cruise on Grandeur of the Seas for this fall. Given our budget, cabin choice has come down to OVs on the third deck (below cabins located on deck four) or the new OVs on deck seven made from the former space of the card room and library.

The deck seven cabins are appealing - new, good central location etc but we're worried that we will be bothered by noise drifting up from the R Bar or other noises in the Centrum cavity. Would appreciate any feedback or comments from those who have had Vision class cabins that have been adjacent to the Centrum about the noise levels and "sleep quality" say from 10:30 pm on.

We went on Splendour of the Seas in May .

We were on deck 7, our stateroom was 7574, this is just round the corner from the elevators .

Whilst it did not cause us too much of a problem, we did hear all the noise and music from the Centrum. It usually stopped aroung 12.30 to 1am.

Unfortunalty we also heard noisy folks going off to bed at all hours as well.

Like I said not too much of a problem but would avoid staterooms in this vicinity again.

We did not go to bed much before midnight and usually read until all was quiet.

We were recently on Rhapsody, which has had the same types of staterooms installed around the centrum on decks 7 and 8. We did not stay in any of these staterooms, but did notice that a wall has been installed between the open centrum area and these new staterooms. In other words, the staterooms are not open to the centrum, rather they have created a corridor to access the staterooms, so that should help with noise reduction.

Thanks for the reminder about the new corridor. What kind of music do they play at the R bar? Someone who had stayed in one of the new 8th floor cabins reported hearing soft piano playing late at night and that the sound was very muted.

This is our first RCI cruise and will book above all for the itinerary. Should I chance taking one of the new seventh floor cabins or play it safe and book on the third deck?:confused:

I just got off the Rhapsody of the Seas on Friday and was in stateroom 8542. It is the one that is closest to the opening of the new mini hall way by the Centrum. You could hear the music in the Centrum somewhat in the room. They tend to turn down the music around 11 pm or at least that is the way it seemed. For the ones on the 8th deck you also do get some noise from the pool deck above. The only thing I really noticed was when someone was running or jumping around up there.

If you have some tolerance for noise I would still highly recommend these rooms as the floor to ceiling windows provide an amazing view. It is almost as good as having a balcony stateroom.

Thanks Sue...that's really helpful.

This is our first RCI cruise and their agents don't seem to be well informed.

The first one said the music stopped at 9:45 and the second one said not to worry because there was no centrum on Grandeur. Sheesh!

• 1 month later...
I just got off the Rhapsody of the Seas on Friday and was in stateroom 8542. It is the one that is closest to the opening of the new mini hall way by the Centrum. You could hear the music in the Centrum somewhat in the room. They tend to turn down the music around 11 pm or at least that is the way it seemed. For the ones on the 8th deck you also do get some noise from the pool deck above. The only thing I really noticed was when someone was running or jumping around up there.

If you have some tolerance for noise I would still highly recommend these rooms as the floor to ceiling windows provide an amazing view. It is almost as good as having a balcony stateroom.

We just put a hold on this room. Could you tell me if the sofa is closer to the window or is the bed closer in this room? Thanks!

We will be on Deck 7, directly above Chop's Grill. Will our room hear all those music as well? I have 2 young kids, I hope the noise won't be too loud and wake them up. They normally are in bed by 9:30pm the latest.

Archived