Diamond Drink Vouchers now on Majesty

Thanks for the update! Was there still a DL type gathering in the VKL for Diamond members with some food and no need for vouchers there?

Could you order a double and use two vouchers if wanted? Did pax seem to understand to tip on these drinks so bar staff happy? All servers seem to understand the program, get the drinks at any bar?

So if I'm reading this correctly, this is a big step up for the Majesty. These vouchers are for complimentary drinks, right? Does that also mean if you attend the D event, they are also complimentary instead of 25% off like they used to be?

Thanks for the update! Was there still a DL type gathering in the VKL for Diamond members with some food and no need for vouchers there?

Could you order a double and use two vouchers if wanted? Did pax seem to understand to tip on these drinks so bar staff happy? All servers seem to understand the program, get the drinks at any bar?

There weren't many top tier C&A member's this particular sailing. Diamond event was very quiet. There were a couple of frequent pinnacle's and D+'s on board. That was about it really. Appetizers and cocktails were given. We would do the Diamond event till about 8 pm (my group had 9 pm dinner seating) goto dinner and then hit the schooner bar and our bar tender rang up the vouchers and they were working. The servers in the Diamond event were very pleasant and so was our bar tender at schooner.

I'm not sure about ordering doubles, I'm pretty sure they can only ring up one drink at a time but I could be wrong. I can't speak for other pax but I would add tip to the receipt that gets printed out and to the Diamond event people I gave the server there cash.

Our server seems to fully understand the system so I'm guessing they were trained properly =)

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

So if I'm reading this correctly, this is a big step up for the Majesty. These vouchers are for complimentary drinks, right? Does that also mean if you attend the D event, they are also complimentary instead of 25% off like they used to be?

I've been on Majesty several times, and from my experience they always served cocktails during the event and never charged for them. I know that's generally not the rule. It may depend on how many D,D+, and P they have on board.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I've been on Majesty several times, and from my experience they always served cocktails during the event and never charged for them. I know that's generally not the rule. It may depend on how many D,D+, and P they have on board.

Not in my experience. During the D event, it was always free beer and wine, but there was still a discounted charge for liquor. Did that recently change? :confused:

I can't speak for other pax but I would add tip to the receipt that gets printed out and to the Diamond event people I gave the server there cash.

That sounds good, I thought I'd read about a voucher printout that made it sort of hard to tip so carrying cash preferred. Maybe they've changed how the receipt works/looks.

Were their signs at the DE showing which drinks included and they were same as vouchers? Did the DE info left in the cabin still indicate 25% off beer and mixed drinks and the looser "like a DL" running of the DE at their discretion?

I assume can only order ONE voucher drink at a time but do you now if they'd let you order ONE voucher drink and ONE 'pay for' drink at the same time? 'pay for' being either the old fashioned way or ordering a drink from your plan (like replenish plan).

Were they measuring pours like some have reported with the vouchers?

Thanks again.

I have been on the Majesty a few times this year. No charge for drinks in the Diamond section of the crown. I have always been able to order Crown Royal which I have not be able to get in the CL or DL of other ships. They always have hot snacks as well.

I have been on the Majesty a few times this year. No charge for drinks in the Diamond section of the crown. I have always been able to order Crown Royal which I have not be able to get in the CL or DL of other ships. They always have hot snacks as well.

Ok. The last time I was on Majesty was April 2013. The D Event must have changed since then. Thanks. :)

Just got off Majesty this morning and drink vouchers are now offered. The rule was 5:00pm to 8:30pm but the vouchers were working till about midnight.

Below is the menu, seems to be the same fleetwide. Thought I'd share =)

photo_zpse6923701.jpg

glad to see this menu.

That sounds good, I thought I'd read about a voucher printout that made it sort of hard to tip so carrying cash preferred. Maybe they've changed how the receipt works/looks.

Were their signs at the DE showing which drinks included and they were same as vouchers? Did the DE info left in the cabin still indicate 25% off beer and mixed drinks and the looser "like a DL" running of the DE at their discretion?

I assume can only order ONE voucher drink at a time but do you now if they'd let you order ONE voucher drink and ONE 'pay for' drink at the same time? 'pay for' being either the old fashioned way or ordering a drink from your plan (like replenish plan).

Were they measuring pours like some have reported with the vouchers?

Thanks again.

They didn't have signs but you could ask for the menu and they would bring it out for you.

Yes, on the welcome letter it does state the 25% off cocktails but again was not enforced.

I sure ordering a voucher a paying is possible. When using the voucher it'll come out as a charge and then a credit to the receipt. So I'm sure another drink can be added to the bill. but I can not confirm this.

And no they were not measuring pours. At least my bar tender wasn't.

I don't think anything has really changed as far as rules. I think it may depend on the LA's budget and how many members are on board.

I think you've just had some very lucky cruises. I've been on Majesty 20+ times in the past couple years and all that was ever free at the Diamond Event was wine, champagne and soda - and sometimes beer. That's how it was at all Diamond Events on ships that didn't have DLs.

The vouchers are a nice change. I also just returned from another trip on Majesty and it was nice to enjoy a free drink in Schooner Bar before dinner.