Dzibilchaltun/Merida Combo Tour Question

felicit0us

I'm interested in seeing Dzibilchaltun and then going to Merida for lunch and a little shopping. Both Carnival and Autoprogreso offer a combo tour, but neither make it clear as to whether or not there is time for shopping in Merida or if it's simply a guided historical tour. Has anyone been on either of these excursions? Is there time for shopping/exploring on your own? Any other info you can provide about either excursion will be appreciated!

I'm interested in seeing Dzibilchaltun and then going to Merida for lunch and a little shopping. Both Carnival and Autoprogreso offer a combo tour, but neither make it clear as to whether or not there is time for shopping in Merida or if it's simply a guided historical tour. Has anyone been on either of these excursions? Is there time for shopping/exploring on your own? Any other info you can provide about either excursion will be appreciated!

I would email Guadalupe at AutoProgreso and ask her. She has always responded to my emails within a day or two. Have used AP many times but never done this particular tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really time to fit a beach visit in unless you want to stand on the beach for 10-15 minutes before the tour starts.

Once you tour Dzib and get to Merida they drive you around some of the sites and the stop in the city square for about an hour and a half. Most of our group opted to eat at a local restaurant. We did a self guided walking tour and our guide arranged for us to tour the Governmental Palace building right there. It was full of some amazing art.

There would be time for you to do a little shopping at that point as long as you stayed close by and got back to the bus on time.

I will be doing this same tour in November and I read a thread that did mention a stop with about an hour of free time, so I am guessing you can do some shopping during that time if you decide to.

I would email Guadalupe at AutoProgreso and ask her. She has always responded to my emails within a day or two. Have used AP many times but never done this particular tour.

Do you have Guadalupe's email? I emailed the cruise@autoprogreso email with a question, but haven't received a response.