QE2's hull looking a mess.

RAL72

I was looking on Flickr and saw this photo of her on the 19th of Jan. Her hull appears to be urgently needing painted (I spotted this on the QV tandem photos and also in person in Zeebrugge before Xmas) but it seems a bit worse now, although at least the huge rust-streak running down her superstructure from a window has been cleaned up!

Is this going to get any attention before November, or is she just going to get tattier and tattier? It would be a shame - up until now they seem to have done a good job of making her exterior look really good.

You can view it full-size (huge) and have a look for yourself by clicking this link.

IMG_0864

2235885790_3276e7cc90.jpg?v=0

Is this going to get any attention before November, or is she just going to get tattier and tattier? It would be a shame - up until now they seem to have done a good job of making her exterior look really good.

I thought that Hong Kong usually resulted in a repaint. Two days stopped and all that.

Failing that, she is going into a short refit after 18th April. I'm sure that she'll be back looking superb after that.

Matthew

I agree...The aft portions of the waterline looked just about as bad last year during the world cruise and apparently not much has been done since then. There were also patches on the funnel that needed painting as well. I was on the ship again just a few weeks ago for the tandem crossing and also as a guest for lunch last October during her Autumn Colors cruise from Southampton. The hull looked just about the same as it did last year.

...however, warts and all, She is still the QE2!

Archived