Best selfie stick?

minn0315

I use a Bogen monopod for self portraits. Also comes in handy beating people who have a problem with "selfies"...LOL!

God you grumpy people... Don't answer a post if it doesn't answer the question. Society couldn't care less about your opinions...

Edited by shootr

Listen folks, I'm not looking to start a pissing match but my very expensive dSLR is not secure in many "strangers'" hands and more often than not, people look at me like "what am I supposed to do with this"? Very few people even have a clue how to take a photo by looking through a viewfinder anymore. And when you're traveling and you have a brief opportunity to get a photo that you want, a selfie stick is an excellent way to do it. I took a trip to Niagara Falls in September and my memories of the trip would not be as great as they are if I would not have bought and taken a selfie stick with me. As to those people who don't know the right time and place to use them- well that's a separate issue. Don't blame the selfie stick. Using your "arm" as the lever is not such an easy task, esp. if you're trying to get more than you and one other person in the photo and want more than a close up of your face. All I'm saying is that this person wasn't asking for your opinion of the stick itself but rather constructive feedback on what type he/she should buy. The negativity is rude. Rant over.

"selfie sticks" are one of the "third rail topics" on this message board. Others are smoking, smuggling booze on board, using a travel agent or no,t and southwest airlines. (Those are just a few of the top if my head.) These type of topics get a few different responses.....a)actual answers to the question b)opinions on the topic (not really related to the actual question) and of course the c) why are people so rude replies. No need to whine about getting"b" or "c"...just take the "a"'s and be happy you got a few of them. It's a message board, not everybody has the same level of what is considered "rude" or "mean". ;)

Edited by TruckerDave

Just remember you get what you pay for, selfie sticks are very popular and there is alot of cheap ones on the market. Seeing acouple of phones fall off the end of these sticks on our last cruise makes me shake my head. I use a lightweight monopod with my Sony A6000 to take pictures at different heights just to change things around.

John

Whenever we hand our cameras to strangers (and even most friends), the pictures don't turn out well. So, I don't begrudge people with selfie sticks.

That said, I also think they're fair game to have people jump all over them if they misuse them.