Quest sea days

stag

We have not been on Seabourn ships. I am perfectly OK sitting on upper decks with a notepad on hand. My young-at-heart DW would like to be active all the time, Fitness Classes, Dance Classes, Aerobic workshops, Golf simulator, anything that can deplete her energy on sea days. Could someone please tell me a typical sea day on Quest.

There are always different things going on during sea days. We just returned from the Quest and here is a typical day's events:

9:45 Destination talk

10:00 Bridge lesson

10:30 Dance class

11:00 Conversation with guest lecturer

Intermediate bridge lessons

SPA Seminar

12:00 Trivia

14:00 Duplicate Bridge

14:30 Conversation with guest lecturer

15:00 SPA Seminar

15:30 Name that Tune

Plus the gym is always there, board games, putting, shuffle board, meeting new folks, etc.

Forget the Golf Simulator. Gym classes are basically do your own thing. There are dance classes. The pool is usually largely unused. If you want physical activity, it's what you make it. Otherwise there is plenty of "entertainment".

There are always different things going on during sea days. We just returned from the Quest and here is a typical day's events:

SPA Seminar

Plus the gym is always there, board games, putting, shuffle board, meeting new folks, etc.

Interestingly,no food or drink was mentioned in your typical day.

I suppose afternoon tea would come after name that tune.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Forget the Golf Simulator. Gym classes are basically do your own thing. There are dance classes. The pool is usually largely unused. If you want physical activity, it's what you make it. Otherwise there is plenty of "entertainment".

On a sad, but funny, note, in my May med Odyssey cruise the dance class was supposed to be Samba, but the dancers had only Salsa music available. Oh well, they said, practically the same thing. NOT!! A few of us were shocked, but laughed it off anyway. Try doing Samba steps to Salsa music when you know the difference... By the way, the cruise was wonderful.

Re the limitations on taking fruit etc ashore, The same applies in Australia. This is due to the risk of transferring fruit fly between regions. You can bring fruit on to the ship but it usually cannot be taken off in an area which has fruit growing enterprises.

Interestingly,no food or drink was mentioned in your typical day.

I suppose afternoon tea would come after name that tune.

Very true, "Elegant Tea" 4-5 every day. I just picked a Herald at random and listed the contents, but also the OP asked: "anything that can deplete her energy on sea days." So I don't think food or drink (unless alcoholic) would qualify :)

On other days there were the usual cooking demonstrations, gallery tour, etc.

On the Route of the Vikings the Sky bar was not open most days, due to the temperature not being conducive to sitting outside, instead the Observation lounge fulfilled that purpose starting at 10 a.m. So when tea time came around, there were often more than a few folks, including myself on several occasions, in the lounge for drinks as opposed to tea. White gloved beverage service every afternoon.

SPA Seminar

Are there bridge instruction and duplicate games on most Seabourn cruises?