Before the NCL Snorkel Virgin Gorda Baths

travelnut1

We are in Tortola from 8am to 5pm on the NCL getaway. I'm going to book the NCL Virgin Gorda baths snorkel excursion but it doesn't leave until 11am. Is there a beach nearby where we can go? Or something else to do? We are not big shoppers, we are go-go-goers who will want something to see or do. Any suggestions for us?

Thank you :)

Have you thought about just taking the ferry on your own and enjoying the Baths without the crowds? There is lots of info on these boards about using them, but I believe there is a 9 am ferry and a return one at 2:15ish. You could have a couple of hours there before the crowds come, explore the island, go eat at a place with a view, and head back. There may even be a later ferry that works with your time. Ferry would be between $30-40 and then a small fee for the taxi.

Or you could go private...Patouche charters has an excursion that stops at the Baths. They offer a full day catamaran excursion that has a stop at the Baths, Spring Bay, and then Cooper Island for lunch. It's $125 plus the cost of lunch and I believe has an open bar as well.

I think with an 11 am meet up time it doesn't sound like you would have time to get to the beaches and back and spend any real time there.

We are in Tortola from 8am to 5pm on the NCL getaway. I'm going to book the NCL Virgin Gorda baths snorkel excursion but it doesn't leave until 11am. Is there a beach nearby where we can go? Or something else to do? We are not big shoppers, we are go-go-goers who will want something to see or do. Any suggestions for us?

Thank you :)

Short answer is that right now Tortola is a tender port. I would just hang on the ship until it is time to go. Your excursion may leave directly from the ship, or you may have to go ashore.

Either way at most you are going to have about 2 hours in town (no beach close) and as I recall most shops don't open that early