Pelican Grand Beach

khewston

It is a lovely hotel. They have a restaurant on site. Galleria Mall and restaurants are about a mile away, and the port is just 4 miles away, so you don't really need a car. For the price of a rental car and parking fees, you should be able to get around by foot, cab, or uber just fine. It's actually closer to the port than the airport hotels in Dania.

Edited by royalcruz

Agree with the others, it's a great place.

Stayed there a couple/three years ago. They put us in a corner oceanview room on one of the upper floors - WOW!!

If you don't mind spending the money "for just a bed", I'd recommend it. (I have a hard time justifying spending hundreds of dollars a night just to sleep, but hey - that's the cost of truly enjoying your vacation)

Assuming it is not the height of tourist season when it is virtually impossible to drive A1A. If your ship is leaving on the weekend I would recommend a hotel not on the beach. Otherwise you could be I. Traffic for quite a while.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you leave for the ship before noon it will be fine. You don't have to drive on A1A the whole way anyway...Vista Mar St. takes you to the back way behind the big hotels and meets up with the beach again 2 miles south.:)

Has anyone stayed at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale?

It looks kind of far from the port for a pre-cruise stay. We probably would have to rent a car? But it does look like a lovely hotel!

Just to add ...

Next door at the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites is a cute little beachfront cafe, called Sandbar Grill. They have good happy hour beer, wine, and food specials. Really good flatbreads, salads, and fish tacos.

I think the poster is looking at the hotel for pre-cruise and getting into the port is much more difficult then leaving.

I am looking at this hotel for a pre-cruise stay. We'll be staying for 2 nights. I just didn't want a really long expensive taxi ride to the port.

Just to add ...

Next door at the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites is a cute little beachfront cafe, called Sandbar Grill. They have good happy hour beer, wine, and food specials. Really good flatbreads, salads, and fish tacos.

Thanks for the tip! We'll be at the Pelican tomorrow for 1 night prior to hitting the NCL Getaway on Sunday out of Miami.

Does anyone know the best cheapest way to get to the port? I contacted SAS and they don't run from this hotel. Waiting on MJS to get back to me (I've used them before) and priced out a cab at like $100 (NO WAY) so maybe Uber our only other option. Anyone else doing the same trip to Port Miami on Sunday by chance? That would be awesome. There's just 2 of us and a bunch of luggage of course...haha

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I plan to book this resort for two nights post cruise for this November. We will actually be coming from the airport as we plan to do a post cruise tour with airport drop off. Does anyone know what the price of the ride to and from the airport would be via taxi vs Uber/Lyft? Also, any other restaurant recommendations nearby are welcome.

I plan to book this resort for two nights post cruise for this November. We will actually be coming from the airport as we plan to do a post cruise tour with airport drop off. Does anyone know what the price of the ride to and from the airport would be via taxi vs Uber/Lyft? Also, any other restaurant recommendations nearby are welcome.

Uber will be about $15 and taxi about $25. The restaurants in these beach hotels about 1-2 miles away are fun: 954 Steak at W, S3 at Hilton, and Burlock Coast at Ritz Carlton. If you like live Blues, check out Qbar for food and drinks, about 3 miles away. Take Uber to any of these for about $5.

Uber will be about $15 and taxi about $25. The restaurants in these beach hotels about 1-2 miles away are fun: 954 Steak at W, S3 at Hilton, and Burlock Coast at Ritz Carlton. If you like live Blues, check out Qbar for food and drinks, about 3 miles away. Take Uber to any of these for about $5.

Thank you! Great information.:cool:

Next door to Pelican Grand is the Sun Tower Suites. There is a cute little restaurant on the beach, Sandbar Grille. Great breakfast, fish tacos, flatbread, and happy hour specials Monday - Friday.

About 1 mile north off of Oakland Park Blvd, just on the Intracoastal Waterway ... Chart House (seafood), Shooters, Flip Flops, and Bokampers (these are also along the Water Taxi Route).

In the North Beach neighborhood, near Bokampers, there is a plethora of bars and restaurants ... Martorano's (expensive Italian - south Philly), Nisi (Greek), Jackson Prime (new steakhouse), Vinos (wine bar), 33rd Street Wine Bar, Fishtales, Blue Jean Blues (live blues/jazz every night). Greek Islands has amazing authentic Greek food (better than Nisi - off of Galt & A1A).

And about another mile north, off of Commercial Blvd ... Lauderdale by the Sea. Many restaurants and bars next to the beach ... Vincent's, Ocean 101, Beach Cafe, Athena, Aruba, Village Grille / Village Pump, Basilic Vietnamese, Tropical Krave, and more ...

• 2 weeks later...
The closest drugstore and liquor store is Walgreens on the corner of Oakland Park Blvd & A1A, about 1 mile north. The Walgreens has a decent selection of food and snacks, and the liquor store is next door.

Thank you!!!!!