vietnam tour advice please

Briansbrain

Hi, we are doing the century cruise singapore to singapore next year, and I was wondering... we arrive in Nha Trang in am and then that night sail on to Ho Chi Ming for a full day there. would anyone be able to suggest a tour to overnight and arrive back to ship late aft in Ho Chi Ming? thanks:)

It's something we considered, though in the opposite direction, a few years ago in order to spend more time in HCMC (Saigon).

But it involves an 8-hour drive (which defeats the objective) or an internal flight.

I learned that the visa issued by the ship is only good for arrival & departure on the ship, and that even for internal flights a different visa is required.

I've got a vague feeling the same may also apply to overniting off the ship, though a fellow-cruiser was given only a mild informal rebuke when he checked in at a Halong Bay hotel having missed the last tender of the night.

That's not gospel, but definitely worth checking.

Add the other costs & complications, and the total ship-to-ship time, and unless you've got an over-riding reason to play catch-up I really don't think it's worthwhile.

Nice idea though ;)

JB :)

We've just returned from a celebrity cruise and spent a wonderful day in HCMC (Saigon) with a tour company called Zoom - they picked us up from the port and we visited the Post Office, Notre Dame, coffee on the rooftop of the Rex Hotel, Heavenly Lady Temple, lunch at a noodle restaurant, lacquer factory and much much more. Our tour guide Anh spoke very good english and was very knowledgeable. We got a party of 6 together through cruise critic which brought down the cost but it was very reasonable anyway - well worth the money! Contact is dungzoom@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
We've just returned from a celebrity cruise and spent a wonderful day in HCMC (Saigon) with a tour company called Zoom - they picked us up from the port and we visited the Post Office, Notre Dame, coffee on the rooftop of the Rex Hotel, Heavenly Lady Temple, lunch at a noodle restaurant, lacquer factory and much much more. Our tour guide Anh spoke very good english and was very knowledgeable. We got a party of 6 together through cruise critic which brought down the cost but it was very reasonable anyway - well worth the money! Contact is dungzoom@gmail.com

Zoom is highly recommended and I have several times used him. I had many good and one not good memory about his affiliate guides in cases Zoom could not tour with us.

From that I asked very clearly if he could tour with us. I did that right at the first mail. And, in recent times, he responded also very clearly from the beginning, asking us to allow him to join some other clients so that he would tour with us since he would not use affiliate guides.

I suppose this is a matter to be clear at the beginning with him. You mail him since you need him to be your guide, not anyone else. Should it be a private tour for you only or should you be willing to join others. State of mind that way helps thorough correspondence as in my way I found.

Edited by Calisense