Just back from valor western

dallas52

We came back last Saturday from Western on the Valor, 14 of us. Great time, only problem was in Belize where it had been raining so much the Cave tubing was canceled. We did zip lining and ATV instead with bz. He really treated us nice. Any questions i will try and answer. We had any time dining which is nice except they don't have tables that big but we sat next to each other.

In Cozumel we went to taxi stand and got a tour of island for $20 a person, they took us to Atlantic side of island to Coconuts and then drove us to calm side of island for a beach break where chairs and shade was free, drinks were not steep either. We also stopped by a tequila tasting tour also which was free. We were gone for about 5 hours. On Roatan we took a Victor Bodden tour which was nice also, beach there wasn't as nice. Some went to butterfly ranch while we waited outside. I had arranged this tour online before we went.

DW and I were on that cruise. We really enjoyed it. First time on the Valor and we liked the ship. We went to Paradise Beach at Cozumel. We had not been there in quite some time and were very pleasantly surprised at all the improvements. Fantastic and would recommend to anyone wanting a beach day. We usually don't do excursions but we did one at Costa Maya, the Mayan ruins. Again, fantastic. A little historic and cultural education is an added bonus to such a great vacation. One other thing, the lobster was exceptionally good and DW and I both got two. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I was avoiding desserts in an effort to shed a few of the pounds that have mysteriously appeared on my waist. But DW and I split two desserts. One was the chocolate melting cake, the other chocolate cake from room service. Both worth the unneeded calories! Very good. Our only complaint was that Carnival has put the past guest party on the last day. We have skipped the last few for that reason but went to this one. Over imbibing of the free drinks made the drive back to NC the next day seem even longer than it is!

Dallas, I forgot to ask, are you Panther fans? Another fun thing for me (wife not interested) was the game being on in the sports bar and the Panthers winning. Seems there were a lot of us NC cruisers on board and I met several. I hope you had a great time. I agree with you about the beach at Roatan. Way too crowded. I thought the island itself was beautiful and I regret not taking some type of tour there.

Dallas, I forgot to ask, are you Panther fans? Another fun thing for me (wife not interested) was the game being on in the sports bar and the Panthers winning. Seems there were a lot of us NC cruisers on board and I met several. I hope you had a great time. I agree with you about the beach at Roatan. Way too crowded. I thought the island itself was beautiful and I regret not taking some type of tour there.

Yes we are Panther fans, my son played football at WCU with Brad Hoover and my niece who was on this cruise cheered for the Panthers for about 10 years also. We live in Dallas only 20 miles from Charlotte, going to Hornets game tonight. Yeah Marion less than 1 1/2 hr. Yeah they would not leave it on, that is one thing Carnival needs to do is add ESPN, was on RCCL the week before and watched the Panthers play Green Bay in room.

Do you know who did your tour in Cozumel. That sounds like something we may want to do? We go in January.

We walked out to where the cabs are and started talking to them, they wanted more but they finally came down to $20 a piece and yes it was Paradise Beach. We talked to 3 different ones before we agreed on a price. We didn't go outside the gate where there were alot of people waiting for you to come out. Help this helps

DW and I were on that cruise. We really enjoyed it. First time on the Valor and we liked the ship. We went to Paradise Beach at Cozumel. We had not been there in quite some time and were very pleasantly surprised at all the improvements. Fantastic and would recommend to anyone wanting a beach day. We usually don't do excursions but we did one at Costa Maya, the Mayan ruins. Again, fantastic. A little historic and cultural education is an added bonus to such a great vacation. One other thing, the lobster was exceptionally good and DW and I both got two. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I was avoiding desserts in an effort to shed a few of the pounds that have mysteriously appeared on my waist. But DW and I split two desserts. One was the chocolate melting cake, the other chocolate cake from room service. Both worth the unneeded calories! Very good. Our only complaint was that Carnival has put the past guest party on the last day. We have skipped the last few for that reason but went to this one. Over imbibing of the free drinks made the drive back to NC the next day seem even longer than it is![/qu

I guess you are Platinum since you went to Party the last day, DW and i are both non drinkers so we gave our tickets to some others in our party that are drinkers and are gold but couldn't go since the changes. We had a group of 14 on this cruise. Yes we had a great i time. In Costa Maya we took taxi to downtown and just sat under trees and they had a few drinks while the wives shopped some. Very nice place also. It was Yaya beach and all bars had beach front tables and chairs where they waited on you. Beer for $2.

In Cozumel we went to taxi stand and got a tour of island for $20 a person, they took us to Atlantic side of island to Coconuts and then drove us to calm side of island for a beach break where chairs and shade was free, drinks were not steep either. We also stopped by a tequila tasting tour also which was free. We were gone for about 5 hours. On Roatan we took a Victor Bodden tour which was nice also, beach there wasn't as nice. Some went to butterfly ranch while we waited outside. I had arranged this tour online before we went.

Was this a private tour or on a bus with others?

• 1 month later...