Mystery Ship

My very first cruise was a three nighter out of Miami in April 1994.

We went to Nassau and Key West.

I have absolutely no memory of either the name of the ship or the line; I do recall it was on the small side and it could have been Greek.

Any ideas? Maybe if I saw the name, I'd remember!

Not that this is a big deal, it's just bugging me that I can't remember her name!

Maybe Dolphin IV?

Maybe Boehme?

Neither sounds familiar. Pretty sure it wasn't anything with Dolphin.

Maybe I have some pictures which may spark someone's memory. I know I don't have any pictures that shows the name of the ship.

Thanks for your response!!!

I sailed on the Britannis out of Miami in 94. It was Chandris line, later absorbed into Celebrity. It was an OLD smaller ship with double stacks with X X on them. The joke was that the X marks the spot to be shot and sunk!

Thank you!!!!! Yes, that was it! We were in an Ocean View room in front; I remember sitting on the little window seat looking out the porthole.

I can't believe we paid (probably) more than $300 pp all those years ago for a three night cruise. Amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you!!!!! Yes, that was it! We were in an Ocean View room in front; I remember sitting on the little window seat looking out the porthole.

I can't believe we paid (probably) more than $300 pp all those years ago for a three night cruise. Amazing.

Loved the Royal Majesty! I sailed on her 4 nt. cruise one year after you- in a 118 s.f. Interior cabin! She was sold to NCL in '97 and was lengthened, and later sold to Louis Cruises. Since 2012 she has been chartered to Thomson Cruises and sails as the Thomson Majesty. Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Thomson_Majesty, including a 2013 photo of her!

That little ship was perfect, the staff was amazing, it was a great cruise that left us with wonderful memories!

I don't really remember too much about that cruise because I was working; we took a group of our employees on a cruise for recognition. They each brought a guest and although my fare (and my husband's) was paid for, we were hopping the entire time; he taking pictures, me making sure everyone was happy. I don't recall any major issues, thankfully. I do recall taking a group picture somewhere where there was a ton of white marble. I'll have to dig that particular photo album out.

I went to their new owner's website and looked at all of the pictures and deck plans and even found the stateroom we were in.

Fun!

Edited by MrsB05