Best Restaurants walking distance from pier

travelgip

Can anyone tell me what they feel are the best restaurants and trinket shops that are within walking distance of the pier in Nassau? Thanks!

Depends on what type of restaurant you are looking for

Check out:

Cafe Matisse, van brugels, bahamian kitchen, or head to the fish fry for casual local fare. (oh andros, anchorage, goldies).

You can find anything from high end dining to tiki bars. What's your pleasure.

as for trickets, Bay street (just one block from the dock) is the main shopping mecca. Plenty of gift shops, straw markets, clothing and jewelry shops etc

Depends on what type of restaurant you are looking for

Check out:

Cafe Matisse, van brugels, bahamian kitchen, or head to the fish fry for casual local fare. (oh andros, anchorage, goldies).

You can find anything from high end dining to tiki bars. What's your pleasure.

as for trickets, Bay street (just one block from the dock) is the main shopping mecca. Plenty of gift shops, straw markets, clothing and jewelry shops etc

Thanks for the info!

I'm curious about the food as well. Are these places walking distance? Also, what's the best thing to try, as far as food, in Nassau?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
any updated restaurants to add to this list? will be dining with 8 yr olds if we are daring enough :)

Did you find any places worth recommending in Nassau? And how was the weather in December, we have never been to the Bahamas so I am soaking in all information that I can. Thanks!

it was hot. my friend was tad miserable. we spent less than 3 hours there. i dont know how people go to these places in july. i'm assuming its hotter than december?

if you step into each gift shop you can see what kind of place it is. most wanted to help you without being pushy. of course straw market is 100% opposite where they do everything but steal from your wallet.

we didnt want to do anything but buy trinkets and get hair braided so i have no additional info other than i hope you have strong will to say no to the 100 ppl that accost you getting off the pier.

the best thing ever was a woman asking my friend to come over and look at her tshirts..2 seconds later she realized my friend was blind, said sorry.

classic