Snorkelling at the Hilton Barbados?

canadarocks

We spent several hours at the Barbados Hilton on a cruise stop in May 2013. In the main swimming section, where the loungers are, was an area between two rock jetties that was kind of rough. Not so rough that you couldn't swim, but rough enough that the lifeguards were warning people to stay in the middle and away from the rocks. I don't know if it's normally like that there or not. I took a walk, off the Hilton property (to the left if facing the ocean). That area was also pretty wavy. Although the beach was sandy, it did appear to have coral or rocks in the water and it looked like the water barely covered that, so it looked too shallow to snorkel. There is an area still on the Hilton grounds that is way over to the right (if facing the water). Again, rocks/coral and water a little on the rough side. I did a review of that cruise and included pictures of all areas I've mentioned. Attaching the link in case you'd like to "see" what I'm talking about. Pictures can be more descriptive than words.

I haven't been there yet, but have seen many reviews of the beaches along Carlisle Bay. From what I've read, the bottom is mainly sandy, but there are vendors who offer excursions to take you out to snorkel with turtles and over shipwrecks for decent prices.

For pictures of Barbados Hilton and beaches in that area...hoping this link opens to Page 8, Post #150, where that section on Barbados and the Barbados Hilton start.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645&page=8

• 3 months later...
Can you tell me how much the Hilton Day passes were and how you reserved the day?Thanks, Barb

We got them through caribbeandaypass dot com. They were cheaper there than resortforaday. $35 each I believe, with a $15 per person deposit.