Paying for Shore Excursions on Celebrity

Boiler Cruiser

I have not seen this question asked and answered recently on the X boards.

With X's practice of charging your credit card when you book a shore excursion, how do they handle it when you change your mind?

What if you would like to replace your originally booked excursion with a less expensive one?

Do they give you a credit for the difference? Do they credit your card account for the original charge and enter a charge for the new excursion? Do they do this simultaneously and immediately?

What if you decide to not go on an excursion at all, in a particular port, after booking one? Will they credit your credit card account immediately?

Not having been on Celebrity before, I would appreciate any feedback, and the benefit of your experiences.

Thanks.

With X's practice of charging your credit card when you book a shore excursion, how do they handle it when you change your mind?

What if you would like to replace your originally booked excursion with a less expensive one?

Do they give you a credit for the difference? Do they credit your card account for the original charge and enter a charge for the new excursion? Do they do this simultaneously and immediately?

What if you decide to not go on an excursion at all, in a particular port, after booking one? Will they credit your credit card account immediately?

Not having been on Celebrity before, I would appreciate any feedback, and the benefit of your experiences.

Thanks.

From what happened on Azamara, the excursion is cancelled, you get a credit on your onboard account, don't know if it's right away, but just so it's done before final accounting what's the difference:confused:

Would guess the new tour would be charged at the final accounting, but put on your account right away, just like any other purchase. We cancelled one on Oceania, that added up to over 300$$, paid for our tips!

As far as cancelling, you must cancel before what ever deadline they give you onboard for each tour, usually at least 24hrs before landing, sometimes more. If you don't cancel at excursion office, you will be billed for the tour whether or not you take it....the same as on ANY cruiseline I would believe.

We always do private tours now, mostly with no prepay, but they can demand C Card to "hold" reservation, tho many ask for cash:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Hi,:) once you are onboard the ship any transactions are put on

your S&S account...whether its a credit or a charge. The

credit card you give them upon arrival is what they use

while you are sailing.

You will see the cancellation dates as well as booking dates

for tours listed at the excursion desk.

Lots of folks book on board while others pre-book.

I just booked 3 for my upcoming cruise. If I change my mind

after I board I will just have credit on the account;)

I booked an excursion online last month for a cruise in March and found one later that I liked better the next week. I canceled the previous one online and it was credited about two weeks later to my CC. Not sure if this is normal and I think the website says it will be credited the next billing cycle. Scott

Does the same apply if I decide to change or cancel my registration for a shore excursion before the beginning of the cruise?

Up until 4 days prior to your cruise you can book excursions

on line.

(It used to be 10 days).

I had booked 4 but changed my mind on 1 of them so I cancelled

it...all of this on the net.

The credit card I used will be the one they credit back.

I agree with firstplacechef about the cancellation..it can

take 1 to 2 billing cycles but the credit will show up.

Does the same apply if I decide to change or cancel my registration for a shore excursion before the beginning of the cruise?

If you cancel before your cruise you'll get a credit to your credit card. There might be a cut off date a few days before the cruise after which changes can't be done until you are on board. In that case you'd have to cancel once on board and receive a credit to your on-board account. In most cases the cancellation deadline is the second evening before the port day but in any event it is announced with the tickets and/or in the daily program.

Archived