New to Celebrity Cruises - Transferring deposit from one cruise to another cruise?

cruisefan2012

hi all

have booked to sail on Celebrity Eclipse BUT have seen another cruise on Celebrity Infinity that I think I would prefer more...

I have only paid the £150 deposit on the Eclipse cruise so far, How do I go about swapping the deposit from Eclipse to Infinity?

Is there a charge with Celebrity to transfer between cruise holidays?

Cruisefan2012

I am assuming from your questions that you have not previously sailed with Celebrity and are not Captain's Club members. If so, in the UK, there is a charge [£35, I believe] for making a change to the reservation. I believe that this is waived for Captain's Club members.

Having said all that, we were told by the Future Cruise Salesman on our latest cruise that Celebrity have been considering removing this charge to "bring the UK more in line with the USA". I do not know how true this is. Shipboard rumours have to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Also, it is now possible to join the Captain's Club before your first Celebrity cruise. I do not know if that type of membership gets the waiver. It may be worth signing up first and then making a change to your reservation.

I do know that you need to make sure that you do not cancel one reservation and then make another. You will only be able to retain your deposit by keeping the same reservation number. Do that and, then, if all my suggestions fail, it is always worth sweet talking the representative you speak to and seeing if they will waive the fee anyway.

Finally, if you have booked the cruise through a travel agent, you must make any changes through them. Good luck with that! In the UK, they may not understand Celebrity and their T&Cs very well. You will be in the hands of the travel agent when it comes to retaining your Celebrity reservation number. The travel agent may have their own charges for making any changes.

Best of luck.

Edited by Project_gal

Project_gal & kitty9

Thank you both for your replies

I never book anything with travel agents, I make/book/amend my own travel plans myself - I think travel agents are outdated now...

I wasnt a member of the Captains Club but I am now so I will be mentioning that when I ring Celebrity tomorrow to swap the cruise over

I will get back to you both regarding the conversation and swapping the cruises over

Take care

Cruisefan2012