Best place for a quick lunch in Stanley park

We will be at the aquarium and touring Stanley park on a Saturday pre cruise. If you have a favorite place - either sit down or quick service in the park, please share. It will be me and my 9 year old so nothing too exotic or fancy please :)

Thanks!!

Prospect Point Cafe - there's seating (some outdoors but undercover) if you get something hard to eat while standing like soup (the salmon bisque is passable) or fish'n'chips, but it's mostly a hotdogs/burgers/wraps/paninis/pastries/coffee/ice cream sort of spot. You'll want to come up here for the views anyway, so it's a good place to grab a bite - whenever we have visitors who need a quick bite in the park this is where we take them.

If you're nearer the middle at lunchtime, the Pavilion is also open in summer as well as various concession stalls around the park next to attractions like the miniature railway, lumberman's arch etc.

And before you ask, yes, everything is overpriced everywhere in the park even by local standards!

Some thoughts...

• the park is big.... some destination eating areas are a long walk depending if you are at the bus loops or one of the other park entrances.
  • most of the park has concession stands for quickee lunches.
  • if you do go to the Pavillion..... check out the nearby miniature railway in your travels
  • love the views around Prospect Point... but long walk to get to
  • lots of eating choices along Denman just outside the park, but it is outside the park.
  • Teahouse is popular on the West side of the park... long walk if you are at the bus loop. It may also be premium.

Edited by xlxo

Fish and chips at the Lumberman's Arch concession has been a favourite of generations of Vancouverites and visitors. Get your fish and chips on a nice day, go to a picnic table or bench and watch the boats and ships go by.

Fish and chips at the Lumberman's Arch concession has been a favourite of generations of Vancouverites and visitors. Get your fish and chips on a nice day, go to a picnic table or bench and watch the boats and ships go by.

+1

We've been doing this anually for for over 35 years.:)

+1

We've been doing this anually for for over 35 years.:)

Well, I can't say that we do it annually, however 4 generations of my family have done it. I can remember as a child going down there for the fish n' chips in the early 50's with my parents and siblings when the current Lumberman's Arch was erected....I think there was an arch there before the current one, UT probably has a programme from the unveiling day in one of his filing cabinets. In any event it was considered real treat to go down there for fish n' chips, they probably weren't the best but we didn't care it was fun and eating outdoors in the park in the summer was a much anticipated event. As I recall they were served on cardboard tray and then wrapped in real newspaper....it was the real thing.

Well, I can't say that we do it annually, however 4 generations of my family have done it. I can remember as a child going down there for the fish n' chips in the early 50's with my parents and siblings when the current Lumberman's Arch was erected....I think there was an arch there before the current one, UT probably has a programme from the unveiling day in one of his filing cabinets. In any event it was considered real treat to go down there for fish n' chips, they probably weren't the best but we didn't care it was fun and eating outdoors in the park in the summer was a much anticipated event. As I recall they were served on cardboard tray and then wrapped in real newspaper....it was the real thing.

It was DW's first exposure to fish & chips as a child so we started taking our kid's there for a bike ride, the miniature train ride and snack. After the kid's grew up we continued to ride the seawall once a year.

Not the best, but the memories make up for it.:)

I can remember as a child going down there for the fish n' chips in the early 50's with my parents and siblings when the current Lumberman's Arch was erected....I think there was an arch there before the current one...