What would you choose?

leeniecheesecake

Actually, we booked an inside room on the Fantasy once because I wanted to see the virtual porthole. OK, so a balcony is nicer, but it was kinda fun.....

And I'm with you--no significant difference between OPs 2 room choices. Either would be a delightful place to spend a week.

Actually' date=' we booked an inside room on the Fantasy once because I wanted to see the virtual porthole. OK, so a balcony is nicer, but it was kinda fun.....

And I'm with you--no significant difference between OPs 2 room choices. Either would be a delightful place to spend a week.[/quote']

Well, we did an inside room on our recent cruise sequence. On the Dream (I figured I could handle an inside room for 4 night :D). I laid on the bed one afternoon just taking pictures of the animation.

But, I'm a "need natural light" type person. So we usually do at least an obstructed view (other cruiselines) room.

Edited by Shmoo here

The inside room on the Fantasy was not the greatest thing ever, but it was fun to do the virtual porthole. Yes, the better the room category, the nicer (in general). If the price is right, I'd certainly prefer a balcony to an inside. And I agree that the obstructed views are a great value.

But I'd also rather have 2-3 cruises than an overpriced concierge room! One cruise we were booked on in a "regular" cabin is $19K in concierge for 2 people on the Magic! For real?

The only time I booked a verandah on Disney was my first cruise - on the Wonder in Jan. 2008. I sailed with my mom, who wanted the balcony, and we had a handicap-accessible cabin at the very back of deck 6. It was a great cabin with a huge verandah, but it was very poorly located for a HA cabin.

Since then I've booked the least expensive cabin. On my 2nd cruise on the Wonder (Dec. 2009), I booked a 12 gty and was upgraded to an oceanview. My 3 other Disney cruises were in standard insides, and I'll be in another inside on the Magic for 15 nights in May.

The only time I booked a verandah on Disney was my first cruise - on the Wonder in Jan. 2008. I sailed with my mom, who wanted the balcony, and we had a handicap-accessible cabin at the very back of deck 6. It was a great cabin with a huge verandah, but it was very poorly located for a HA cabin.

The HA cabins with a verandah on the Magic and Wonder are at the very back of the ship. The oceanviews are at the far forward.

Since I often travel with people who need them, I can attest that DCL did it right in the inside configuration of these cabins. Each one is slightly different,but they do meet the needs of someone using a wheelchair.

Aft balcony. We have sailed in the aft balcony rooms on the Dream and in the larger family ocean views on the Magic. I would take the larger aft balcony hands down over the little bit of added space in the family room. Our balcony on the Dream (6192) was big enough to put a couple of full size loungers out there.

The HA cabins with a verandah on the Magic and Wonder are at the very back of the ship. The oceanviews are at the far forward.

Since I often travel with people who need them' date=' I can attest that DCL did it right in the inside configuration of these cabins. Each one is slightly different,but they do meet the needs of someone using a wheelchair.[/quote']

Our HA cabin interior was fine, but it was TOO FAR from the elevators. My mom had a difficult time maneuvering her electric wheelchair down the long hallway to the aft elevators, especially when housekeeping carts were parked there twice a day. DCL did a better job of HA cabin placement on the Dream and Fantasy.