uber & lyft & language

trish1c

Just an FYI. We are not bilingual. The location GPS apps should have overcome this issue but we had a devil of a time getting picked up by both services because we didn't speak Spanish & our drivers didn't speak English. They kept saying they couldn't find us which was ridiculous because we were at prominent intersections like corner of Lincoln Road & Alton. N.B. no car of their description ever even went past us.

If you are going to drive a car for money in Miami & you can't find that you have no business being a driver.

Edited by trish1c

Just an FYI. We are not bilingual. The location GPS apps should have overcome this issue but we had a devil of a time getting picked up by both services because we didn't speak Spanish & our drivers didn't speak English. They kept saying they couldn't find us which was ridiculous because we were at prominent intersections like corner of Lincoln Road & Alton. N.B. no car of their description ever even went past us.

If you are going to drive a car for money in Miami & you can't find that you have no business being a driver.

Trish, Miami is not an American city. It is a foreign city and 85% of its residents speak Spanish as a first language. You go to places like Hialeah and you will not find English spoken anywhere including government buildings.

Trish, Miami is not an American city. It is a foreign city and 85% of its residents speak Spanish as a first language. You go to places like Hialeah and you will not find English spoken anywhere including government buildings.

Good to know! We are going to try Breadman Miami in Hialeah for breakfast on embarkation day. I figure, I got by in Spain this past summer, I can order food.

Edited by irishgal1970

Good to know! We are going to try Breadman Miami in Hialeah for breakfast on embarkation day. I figure, I got by in Spain this past summer, I can order food.

Out of curiosity, why are you staying in Hialeah? It isn't convenient to anywhere.

Hialeah is the largest Spanish speaking city outside a Spanish speaking country.

Out of curiosity, why are you staying in Hialeah? It isn't convenient to anywhere.

Hialeah is the largest Spanish speaking city outside a Spanish speaking country.

We are staying at the Courtyard FL Turnpike. It was the cheapest price we could find - $129 a night - at a brand name hotel. Even when I added on the rental car (to get us from FLL...and to POM), it was still a deal.