Carnival Pride in a Wheelchair

510picker

Has anyone been on this ship in a wheelchair? Just curious what the experience was like and if any cabin photos were available. We haven't cruised with Carnival since our honeymoon in 1996 and were thinking about trying them again. Thanks!

We sailed her in December and DW in the scooter, had no problems. I wasn't too impressed with the cabin though (7630). It is desginated as a handicapped cabin and it is accessable however there are some shortcomings with the layout. The room is beside one of the maintenance closets and noisy, it also had an "L" shape which made getting to the closet a bit of a chore because you had to move the scooter or furniture. The balcony was HUGE but DW never went on it as it had a very high step over and the ramp provided gave her no room to manuver her scooter. Now let's talk about the shower. It was huge and roll-in but the drain was less than adequate. The floor would flood when anyone took a shower. Thank God we had extra towels.

Overall, it was a very nice cruise and we had a great time. The cabin could have been a little more thoughtful in its design but nothing critical. (It may have been more of an issue had the weather been a bit warmer)

Go, enjoy.

Thank you for the information. In my limited cruising experience, getting a balcony isn't worth it because it is so difficult getting onto it in my wheelchair. I would rather save my money for something else.

I totally agree with you on this ship. We have had some very good balcony cabins on other ships though. DW and I love to sit on the balcony watch the sea go by, sip our morning coffe and occasionally, see fish fly and birds swim. Granted you can do the same on public decks, but it just doesn't feel the same. All that being said we have booked insides on our last two cruises.

I totally agree with you on this ship. We have had some very good balcony cabins on other ships though. DW and I love to sit on the balcony watch the sea go by, sip our morning coffe and occasionally, see fish fly and birds swim. Granted you can do the same on public decks, but it just doesn't feel the same. All that being said we have booked insides on our last two cruises.

What ships have had the best balconies?

We've had balconies on Legend of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas. Legend was an excellent retro-fit with a fabricated ramp for balcony access. Although whe didn't drive the scooter we did use the balcony a lot. Freedom had a more geltle ramp and we spent a lot of early morning time on her balcomy too. Sorry I can't tell you about Explorer of the Seas, we booked an inside and the old Costa Riveria had no balcony cabins.

Archived