Some first time on X questions

luxury-lizard

Hello experts - I have a few questions - we just booked a Sky Suite on Solstice for New Zealand - Sydney (Dec 10) (via the Celebrity web site). We are first time cruisers on a mega-ship of any line. The cruise seems to be selling out quickly as there were only a few Sky Suites left and no Concierge Suites left. So given this, here are my questions:-

- can you wait-list for a Concierge suite (or any higher level cabin) - if so how do you do this?

- closer to departure does Celebrity offer (via e-mail) any promotions - e.g. cabin upgrade for a reduced price, reduced price drinks or dining packages?

Given that I am presuming a full ship perhaps there would be no reason to offer any pre-cruise discounts even though many posts on the forum mention various special offers on other destinations.

On another topic, it seems "funny" to me that AQ have their own dining room (Blu) which is only available to suites on a "subject to availability" basis. Is this because they anticipate that suites guests will use the speciality restaurants more often - I am bit concerned that the MDR may be a bit overwhelming - we prefer quieter / relaxed venues, and lighter fare - buffets are definitely not our thing. Also on a full ship, is it a problem getting reservations in the speciality restaurants - we prefer to make same day decisions on dining - i.e. not be required to book dining times/venues many days in advance.

You can always wait list for Concierge Class staterooms. There are no Concierge Class suites. That's a category Celebrity doesn't have. Concierge Class is a downgrade from Suites, but yes, you can wait list for one if you wish to save a bit of money.

Celebrity doesn't offer special deals to move up in category, per se. You can watch prices and if you see a better price on a better cabin after final payment date, in the US you can move cabins and pay the difference. This may not be available to you in Sydney.

Any reduced price drink packages are probably only available for new bookings.

Specialty restaurant packages can be purchased before the cruise, or you can wait until you board and there may be specials offered.

Because BLU is the dining room for AQ, only if there is space there guests in suites may also dine there. They don't really know ahead of time if there will be space or not. Will AQ be sold out after final payment date? This is a date when a certain number of guests cancel their reservations each cruise. Will there be many AQ guests who make specialty reservations, thus freeing up space in BLU? Will they have many requests from AQ guests to eat in BLU? All of these are unknowns.

Hi Luxury-Lizard

We are on the same cruise as you, our very first! Have a look at our roll call lots of other Aussies on this trip. Can't wait for December.

Marie :)

Hi Marie, great - yes I had a quick look through the roll-calls and saw lots of Aussies and Kiwi's - should be great. Let's hope NZ puts on some great weather.

Pat & Dieter from Sydney

Having just completed our first cruise to Australia/ So. Pacific, I must say we fell in love with the Australians. You could put me on a ship full of Australians and go in circles and I'd be happy. What a lovely group of people .(And before you ask- I don't own a gun). Being asked that repeatedly waquite amusing to us. Fun, fun people. I'll be back. Oz to New Zealand 2016 ;p.

Karen

Remember that just because a cabin/suite is not listed as an option, that doesn't mean that its not available. Usually the website only lists several cabins in each class. Go to deck plans, pick out cabins or suites that you would like and write those numbers down. Then go back to booking and enter each one where it says enter stateroom. I bet you will find a stateroom to your liking. I did this and scored the 1140 AQ aft on the Constellation!

Hello experts - I have a few questions - we just booked a Sky Suite on Solstice for New Zealand - Sydney (Dec 10) (via the Celebrity web site). We are first time cruisers on a mega-ship of any line. The cruise seems to be selling out quickly as there were only a few Sky Suites left and no Concierge Suites left. So given this, here are my questions:-

- can you wait-list for a Concierge suite (or any higher level cabin) - if so how do you do this?

- closer to departure does Celebrity offer (via e-mail) any promotions - e.g. cabin upgrade for a reduced price, reduced price drinks or dining packages?

Given that I am presuming a full ship perhaps there would be no reason to offer any pre-cruise discounts even though many posts on the forum mention various special offers on other destinations.

On another topic, it seems "funny" to me that AQ have their own dining room (Blu) which is only available to suites on a "subject to availability" basis. Is this because they anticipate that suites guests will use the speciality restaurants more often - I am bit concerned that the MDR may be a bit overwhelming - we prefer quieter / relaxed venues, and lighter fare - buffets are definitely not our thing. Also on a full ship, is it a problem getting reservations in the speciality restaurants - we prefer to make same day decisions on dining - i.e. not be required to book dining times/venues many days in advance.

“Subject to Availability” is actually a funny statement. Isn’t that the case for everyone regardless of cabin type??? If you try to make a reservation in any restaurant for a specific time and they are booked, you can’t get in. If you walked up to the door and asked for a table and again they were full, you can’t get in. No availability, no service. Restaurant or cabin type is irrelevant.

I have a suite booked for Aug. I hope that if I decide to try Blu and they have space (availability) and can accommodate me, they won’t kick me out before I’m finished, if an Aqua guest comes in and wants a table. Maybe that’s what they mean :eek:

Archived