perscription drugs in Belize

afairbro

When I was in Belize in 2010 I could purchase vicadin and lorazapam in the port area. Is this still allowed in 2014?

If you're planning to bring the drugs back to the US you better have a prescription for them in your position as it is illegal in the US to possess controlled substances without a prescription from a physician. Your antibiotics or blood pressure medicine are not a problem because even though they require a prescription here in the United States they are not controlled substances. But possession of narcotics IS possession of narcotics whether you buy them in Belize or down on the street corner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

• 2 weeks later...
When I was in Belize in 2010 I could purchase vicadin and lorazapam in the port area. Is this still allowed in 2014?

Holy cow!!! Your looking at some potent stuff there!!! Even if you do find it and find someone to sell it to you, I wouldn't want to be bringing it back unless you have doctors script for the amount your bringing. They will lock you up.

Holy cow!!! Your looking at some potent stuff there!!! Even if you do find it and find someone to sell it to you, I wouldn't want to be bringing it back unless you have doctors script for the amount your bringing. They will lock you up.

The folks wanting the drugs left as soon as I informed them it was against the law. They must think I work for the DEA. I'm actually a physician so I have to know the rules. I was amazed there still people that ignorant out there. I've had patients sort of pretend they didn't understand why they couldn't take street drugs along with the prescribed pain medicine. But I truly feel that they were being less than genuine in that claim.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app