Travel to/from Paris/Lehavre

NFEB

I apologize if this request has been previously posted. If it has I have not seen it.

My wife and I will be visiting Le Havre for only one day (June 13, 2015). We visited this port last year and took the ship's excursion to Normandy. This trip we would like to visit Paris. We have a private excursion set up for us in Paris. What is the best way to get to Paris from the cruise port and back again later the same day? Taxi? Car Service? Train?

All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Fred

"Best" would be having a private car/driver for just you. But this would be a very expensive option (probably over 400 Euros). So we think you might be looking for the "optimum" method and that would be the train. You can check the SNCF web site (or even look on Rail Europe) for the schedule of trains that run between Le Havre and Paris. You will need a taxi from the port to the train station unless you want to do the 40 min trek on your feet.

Hank

Hank,

You have been so helpful to others. I wonder if you would have a suggestion for me. We will be on a Princess cruise next summer and would like to leave the ship in Le Havre to go to Paris for several days. However, we also would like to tour Normandy first. So, I'm trying to figure out how to do a Normandy tour and then somehow later in the day get to Paris. Of course, we will have luggage as I think, we will not be able to get back on the ship to get it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ann

Hank,

You have been so helpful to others. I wonder if you would have a suggestion for me. We will be on a Princess cruise next summer and would like to leave the ship in Le Havre to go to Paris for several days. However, we also would like to tour Normandy first. So, I'm trying to figure out how to do a Normandy tour and then somehow later in the day get to Paris. Of course, we will have luggage as I think, we will not be able to get back on the ship to get it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ann

That is a tough challenge for moi since we do not do tours in Europe. We could certainly advise you on how to do this on your own (with a rental car) but once you use that four letter word "tour" you put us out of our area of comfort. With a car we would probably think about spending 1 night in Normandy and stopping in Giverny on the way to Paris.

Thinking out loud (and others with more private tour experience need to jump in) you might be able to arrange a private day tour from Lehavre and have your tour vehicle store your luggage during the day. Then have them drop you at a train station (Caen comes to mind) and you can later take the train into Paris.

I should mention that we were on the Ruby Princess this April/May and did disembark a day early in Le Havre. Princess handled the procedure quite well and we were able to put out our luggage the night before and pick it up (at our leisure) in the terminal building adjacent to our pier.