Enchantment of the seas

We are thinking about booking a 5 day western caribbean on the Enchantment. I can't find much on the boards good or bad about her. Can anyone give me their opinion. The posts would be Key West, Cozumel, and Belize City. Thanks

serenade 3/04

fantasy 2/02

ecstasy 2/01

disney magic 2/99

Sailed her in November of last year, and had a WONDERFUL CRUISE. In researching the Enchantment I could not find a negative review! In fact, I wasn't even planning on taking a cruise, and noticed all these people giving rave reviews of the Enchantment...did a little research, found a too good to pass up deal, and we were off 4 weeks later. The service was wonderful too. We adored our waiter and asst waiter. We did the same intinerary you are contemplating.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England

RCI - Mariner of the Seas,

Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

Carnival Miracle -February 2005

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005

Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

This ship is wonderful. It's beautiful, and the staff is wonderful. I can find nothing bad to say about this ship. So far it's my favorite!

Premiere Oceanic 06/96

Sun Princess 11/97

Enchantment Of The Seas 07/98

Sovereign Of The Seas 10/99

Carnival Fantasy 07/00

Sea Princess 10/00

Norway 04/01

Enchantment Of The Seas 10/01

Grand Princess 04/02

Carnival Victory 09/02

Carnival Pride 05/03

NCL Sun 10/03

Carnival Fantasy 05/04

Mariner of the Seas 09/04

We LOVED the Enchantment, too, cruised in September. Our itinerery took us to Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios. The Solarium is beautiful and a great quiet place to soak in the pool! We booked an ocean view room and were upgraded to a balcony - I'm spoiled now!!

KC - Oh, I LOVED the solarium..I can not emphasize it enough how much I enjoyed it.

Marie

Thanks for the input. Like any cruise is a bad one. We were on the Serenade in March (our first RC cruise)and will not be going back to Carnival. I have a feeling we will book it. Thanks again.

serenade 3/04

fantasy 2/02

ecstasy 2/01

disney magic 2/99

• 2 weeks later...

We were married on Enchantment in 1998. She is a beautiful ship and decided to sail 12/11/04 with some friends of ours. This will be my first 5 day cruise. Does anyone know if the Meet & Mingle is only for 7 days and longer. We had a great M&M party on the Radiance but that was 7 days. Thanks, Barbara

Until Enchantment

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Brilliance

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;2;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Radiance 2/04

Legend 3/03

Millinium 1/03

Mercury 4/99

Enchantment 11/98

The meet and mingle is only offered for cruises of 7 days or longer. Maybe you can arrange something on your own through the roll call board.

Marie

My sister and I are taking our first cruise in September and are booked on the Enchantment. We just had some friends return from sailing on her and they said the ship was WONDERFUL...of course now I CAN'T wait to sail! icon_smile.gif Our itinerary is Key West, Cozumel and Belize as well, have found a couple excursions that look lots of fun and now with the great review from my friends, I am positive we made the right choice. Pretty sure this is not helpful at all, but am so excited felt the need to share. icon_smile.gif

April

The weather was PERFECT! Couldn't have asked for better weather or seas. You'll love the Enchantment, its staff, everything. We even thought the food was great. Honestly, I can't think of one negative thing to say. Oh yes, there is one. . . .I wish it was a longer cruise!!! icon_biggrin.gif

We are sailing the same itinerary on August 30th. We booked it because of the great reviews and beacuse it stops in Belize!

There are some great reviews out there, one of the best ones being from Adowning, if you can find it.

RCL~Navigator 8/2003, Majesty 7/2003, Radiance 4/2003, Monarch 8/2002, Nordic Empress 8/2001

Celebrity~Century 7/2001 & 7/1998, Horizon 7/1991

Future Cruises:

Legend of the Seas 5/7/2004

Enchantment of the Seas 8/30/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;7;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Till Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till Belize on the Enchantment of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the Panama Canal on Brilliance of the Seas!

Our first cruise was on Enchantment when they were still doing 7 day cruises.

We really enjoyed it, and even though the cruises are shorter I'm sure you'll enjoy a cruise on her too.

BigDave

My first cruise: Enchantment - 10/13/2002

My second cruise: Rhapsody - 4/4/2004

My next cruise: Radiance

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=229922&cdt=2005;2;13;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just got off her last week. We did the 5 day cruise to the Western Carribean Islands/ Ocho Rios, Jamaica and the Grand Cayman's. I TOTALLY recommend her. She was beautiful, the perfect size, loads of things to do, and so many wonderful people from around the world working on her. We loved every minute of our trip last week....well, a little sad to have to say goodbye. Sail ENCHANTMENT...you won't regret it at all.

Laney

Having been on Majesty (older ship) and Brilliance (newer ship), I must say Enchantment is nice but showing it's age. It is considerably nicer than Majesty but lacks the flair of the Radiance class ships (More glass, airier feeling, etc.) The Windjammer's lay out is improved (no buffet lines) but the positioning of the serving areas is a tad cramped. The retro fitting of the climbing wall is odd (right on the end of the ship). The part I found most troubling was that the suite we were in (JS, 8520), was very noisy. Sounded like there were elephants above us. Did not experience on the suites we were in on Brilliance and Radiance and we were in about the same part of the ship. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice ship but if you can do a 7 day, I would recommend a Radiance class over the Vision class.

Mark

I have to disagree with Mark.

I've sailed both Enchantment and Serenade (a Radiance class ship). I found Enchantment had more glass, more windows and better views of the sea, espicially in the Centrum area. I had a fabulous time on both ships, but I liked Enchantment just a little bit better!

Enchantment, August 2000

Enchantment, August 2002

Enchantment, January 2003

Carnival Pride, July 2003

Serenade, October 2003

And I also do NOT think Enchantment is showing its age at all. At least, it wasn't last time I sailed her.

Enchantment, August 2000

Enchantment, August 2002

Serenade, October 2003

Well, let me say a few things about showing it's age as compared to the Radiance class. The gym and spas are much smaller, the outdoor facilities for children are not as nice or robust, it doesn't have internet in the rooms, no access to account information in room, elevators do not look out to the ocean (glass windows run all the way up, parallel with outside elevators), no concierge club, no specialty restaurants, selection of food in the Windjammer is more limited, etc. I mean the ship was built in 1997. In cruise line terms, that's old. And with the 5/5/4 schedule, it is handling a lot more people these days. That equates to more wear and tear.

Mark

Mark

I sailed the enchantment Oct,2003 and there definitely was account info available on your inroom TV. My son would check every dayand provide my husband with a running daily count of all that mom was spending. I liked the enchantment so much I have another 4 day sailing on her booked 11/04/04 and taking along 5 co-workers..all first time cruisers. I feel that she is the best ship out there doing the shorter cruises. The only negative thing is that on RCCl's sailings of less than 5 nites there is no lobster, which isn't a biggie for me as I don't eat it.

I have to admit I really wasn't all that impressed by the glass elevators on Serenade. I liked the Centrum area better on Enchantment. I felt like having the elevators on the side of the ship only blocks the view of the ocean from the centrum area on Radiance class vessels.

I prefer the set up on Enchantment where the elevators are in the middle of the centrum and not blocking the outdoor views.

Enchantment, August 2000

Enchantment, August 2002

Serenade, October 2003

Thank you again for everyone's input. I booked the room a couple of days ago. We were concerned that having been on the Serenade a newer ship and going to an older one. We would be disappointed.

serenade 3/04

fantasy 2/02

ecstasy 2/01

disney magic 2/99

Archived