Drink packages on Divinia

Dharma517

I'm sailing on 10/4 out of Miami with my mothers who won't purchase any drink packages. I would say I have one frozen drink a day...maybe one beer a by the pool. Dinner and evening I can polish off a bottle by the end of the night. I also drink a ton of diet coke. Probably 4 or 5 a day. So....what should I go with? I also like a latte everyday : ) It appears most of my diet is liquid...lol.

Thanks!

Hi Dharma,

I think everyone dining together has to have the same package. At least that is what we were told for our August cruise.

We went with the drink vouchers. It was 15 alcoholic drinks for $ 72. Also bought a Doremi for virgin cocktails, milkshakes, ice cream cones or cups. It was 31.00 for 10 drinks.

They also have beer, soda and wine packages. The vouchers can be used for different people in your party.

They didn't have unlimited soda package like royal.

Enjoy you cruise!

Ellen

Yes, you can share the vouchers with anyone. To the OP: before buying vouchers for glasses of wine with dinner, have a look at the package that includes wine by the bottle. 7 bottles for $82, but you can ONLY get them in the MDR or buffet. You cannot take them with you to another venue or your room. Very limited choices, but certainly worth a look.

Yes, you can share the vouchers with anyone. To the OP: before buying vouchers for glasses of wine with dinner, have a look at the package that includes wine by the bottle. 7 bottles for $82, but you can ONLY get them in the MDR or buffet. You cannot take them with you to another venue or your room. Very limited choices, but certainly worth a look.

It is only with unlimited or all inclusive packages that everyone has to buy the same. Vouchers are different and can be shared.

That is great news!! My husband and I are not big drinkers so this will be perfect for us!!

Yes, you can share the vouchers with anyone.

They also have beer, soda and wine packages. The vouchers can be used for different people in your party.

I hate to crash the OPs thread, but had a question related to the vouchers. While I understand you can share them, can you also purchase more during the week of the cruise? I just don't know how many we might use between my husband and I. I'm guessing 20 - 30 drinks, but would probably only pre-book one set of vouchers, then deciding if we need more.

Hello,

Yes, you can buy additional vouchers on board but pay an additional 15 percent service charge.

We were told you can also use the alcoholic drink vouchers for the ice cream cones or cups.

Ellen

Hello,

Yes, you can buy additional vouchers on board but pay an additional 15 percent service charge.

We were told you can also use the alcoholic drink vouchers for the ice cream cones or cups.

Ellen

Thanks! I don't cruise for a couple months, so have some time to think it over...

I was just on msc's website looking at the drink packages and I'm even more confused ....

There isn't a soda package that's not a daily fee or unlimited ? I see one where you get 15 cans for 30 bucks? On carnival and royal Caribbean you get unlimited soda for that price.. Humm.

And the vouchers, you can get milkshakes and smoothies with that ?

I was just on msc's website looking at the drink packages and I'm even more confused ....

There isn't a soda package that's not a daily fee or unlimited ? I see one where you get 15 cans for 30 bucks? On carnival and royal Caribbean you get unlimited soda for that price.. Humm.

And the vouchers, you can get milkshakes and smoothies with that ?

I'm no expert, and haven't sailed MSC yet, but this is what I found:

There is a 15 voucher package for cans of sodas which can also be used for fountain soda or juice. It does NOT include milkshakes or smoothies. Cost is $30.

The Doremi package is 10 vouchers which can be used for milkshakes, ice cream shakes, virgin cocktails or soda. Cost is $31.

The only unlimited soda packages are only for children. My hubs likes his soda, so not sure what we'll do yet.

I just checked RCI (we cruised with them last year) and the soda only package was $6.50 per day for adults, $4.50 for children under 18. If you want bottled water, specialty tea/coffee, and juice, it jumps up to $20 daily, which seems in line with MSC's children's package.

Edited by catydid
correction

I'm no expert, and haven't sailed MSC yet, but this is what I found:

There is a 15 voucher package for cans of sodas which can also be used for fountain soda or juice. It does NOT include milkshakes or smoothies. Cost is $30.

The Doremi package is 10 vouchers which can be used for milkshakes, ice cream shakes, virgin cocktails or soda. Cost is $31.

The only unlimited soda packages are only for children. My hubs likes his soda, so not sure what we'll do yet.

I just checked RCI (we cruised with them last year) and the soda only package was $6.50 per day for adults, $4.50 for children under 18. If you want bottled water, specialty tea/coffee, and juice, it jumps up to $20 daily, which seems in line with MSC's children's package.

Well, I did like the kids package best :) I guess I'll live, I don't really want a ton of soda but I do like an occasional one. But I can go a week without it. It sure won't make or break my cruise

Well, I did like the kids package best :) I guess I'll live, I don't really want a ton of soda but I do like an occasional one. But I can go a week without it. It sure won't make or break my cruise

You do realize, I hope, that you are able to buy a soda at any bar, lounge, restaurant without a package? The cost is slightly higher and just gets added to your onboard account, plus the 15% gratuity.

No need to "go a week without it" or buy a package. Just pay as you go.

Edited by jkgourmet

Hi Dharma,

I think everyone dining together has to have the same package. At least that is what we were told for our August cruise.

We went with the drink vouchers. It was 15 alcoholic drinks for $ 72. Also bought a Doremi for virgin cocktails, milkshakes, ice cream cones or cups. It was 31.00 for 10 drinks.

]It states 12 drink vouchers for $72 now. I like your quote better. This is what I ordered, still a great price.

So I am thinking I should get one 15 drink voucher package for alcohol and 1 of the 7 bottles of wine at dinner package (I can always share that wine with my mother or table mates if i want I suppose?) Then two of the soda packages...i drink a lot of diet coke.

My question is this. We have plans for a lot of speciality dining. Will my wine dinner package be available there? If not, i will just go with two of the 15 voucher alcohol packages.

thanks!

Joybaby, I ordered the vouchers when the final payment was due. It is for the 8/9 sailing. I checked the edocs and it states 15 drinks. I believe it was called Allegrisimo Escape. I used the phone number on the website.

Dharma, I don't know about the wine packages. The alcohol drink vouchers states they can be used in all bars and restaurants.

Ellen

You do realize, I hope, that you are able to buy a soda at any bar, lounge, restaurant without a package? The cost is slightly higher and just gets added to your onboard account, plus the 15% gratuity.

No need to "go a week without it" or buy a package. Just pay as you go.

Yep, I suppose that's what I'll be doing. A few bucks on soda is ok with me :)

The price show now as 12 drinks for $72. IS it still possible to call now and get the 15 for $72. package? If so, what is the phone number?

Well, this is interesting... the file includes two pkgs: one is 15 for $72 (Allegrissimo Escape: which includes wine, cocktails, beer, or ice cream) and the other is 12 for $72 (Cocktail package: includes coctails from the bar list).