Settling sea pass account in cash

I assume this is ok to do.

Can anyone confirm what currencies are accepted please?

We're on Adventure tomorrow going to Spain and France and I have euros left over from another holiday, I was thinking that if they don't get spent I could use them to pay off the sea pass account to save me having to convert them (I've been carrying them around in my purse for over a year, just keep forgetting about them)

Thanks

Edited by bellasmummy

It's probably fair to guess that on-board exchange rates are bent towards the advantage of Royal Caribbean (my polite way to say they'll rip you off). Depending on how many Euros you have, any you don't spend in the ports of call, convert to Dollars before you get back on the ship and then pay off your RCC account.

I pre-purchased euros at a favorable exchange rate before our cruise. When we finished the European portion of our Transatlantic cruise, I still had quite a few left.

The onboard exchange rate was probably not a great one, but is was still better than my pre-purchase price....so I used most of them to pay off the account.

And then when we returned home, and checked my emails, I learned that the Royal Caribbean Visa had been conducting a TRIPLE points onboard purchases promotion. It started after we left....so I probably should have left the onboard charges on the card.

Oh well....we did receive 108 points for the $36 in remaining charges. :rolleyes::D

With the Australian dollars, I used most of them at the hotel for the bill, since we wouldn't be returning on the Transpacific.