Question about Brunch

When they have Brunch, what are the hours? Like 10:00AM to 1:00PM, please let me know.

Thanks, Rick

There is breakfast every day but no special brunch. Sunday is considered to be a caviar and champage brunch but the hours are the same. CR starts at 8:00 a.m and continues to around 10:00 a.m. LV varies its start time depending upon when excursions are leaving. I've seen LV open as early as 6:30 a.m. I believe the normal opening time is 7:30 a.m. most passengers are off of the ship by 9:00 a.m. and the crew wants to set up lunch as soon as they leave. Someone else may chime in as we haven't been onboard when breakfast ends.

There is nothing special served on Sunday however the caviar is quite popular.

Adding to my last post, there is a light buffet breakfast that begins early and ends later than CR or LV in the Coffee Connection. There is toast, fruit, bagels, cereal, etc.

Edited by Travelcat2

Thanks, but I was talking about the Caviar and Champage Brunch on Sundays. I was thinking it would start later because of what it is. But I guess it's no big deal except serving some caviar. I was thinking it would be a nice Brunch with the works so you could relax and enjoy something better than just breakfast with caviar.

Rick

Edited by ronrick1943

It would definitely be nice if the Sunday brunches were special. It seems that everything in the morning (on port days) is based around excursions with most passengers needing to get off of the ship early. When there are excursions that get back late, La Veranda will stay open late to accommodate them.

There are many "special" meals on Regent ship. On sea days there are amazing buffets on the pool deck (seafood one day, Italian, Mexican, Indian another day). These are definitely special buffets (and can be eaten on the pool deck or taken into La Veranda if you prefer being in inside). Many times we will have lunch in LV and go outside to pick a couple of items from the pool barbeque and take it inside.

Another special event is the evening barbeque by the pool (weather and itinerary permitting). There is usually one per cruise. The array of food is amazing -- everything from whole suckling pig to sushi and sashimi.

Also on sea days the food at Tea Time is over the top. In addition to typical "tea" items (small sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, etc.) that are available every day, there are themed dessert buffets (chocolate one day, Viennese another, cheesecake and others that I can't think of right now).

Of course, you can have champagne, mimosas or any other drink that you can think of to accompany these special meals.

Almost forgot, if you like ice cream (and Regent has great ice cream), you can add toppings that include Kahlua and a couple of other alcoholic toppings. For me, chocolate ice cream with a splash of Kahlua on top is wonderful.

Edited by Travelcat2

TravelCat2,

Thanks, I get it, but when the say Sunday Caviar Brunch a person thinks late morning, take your time and special. They should just say on Sunday we add Caviar to the Breakfast.

"0" does a Brunch on a sea day during the cruise, only one and it's really nice.

Brunch is Brunch and Breakfast is Breakfast............

TravelCat2,

Thanks, I get it, but when the say Sunday Caviar Brunch a person thinks late morning, take your time and special. They should just say on Sunday we add Caviar to the Breakfast.

"0" does a Brunch on a sea day during the cruise, only one and it's really nice.

Brunch is Brunch and Breakfast is Breakfast............

Do you know which dining venue this is special Brunch is held in on the Riviera or Marina? I'm asking because I assume that lunch is not served but brunch is instead.

We generally love Sunday Champagne Brunches in restaurants on land and it would be nice to see this done on Regent. It could be done on a sea day but not on a port day as the ship is fairly empty mid-day. The emphasis on excursions is one thing that really sets Regent apart from Oceania. I prefer how Oceania handles excursions -- they are so expensive that groups of passengers arrange their own excursions and they are generally much better than anything that a ship can provide for large groups.

BTW, we prefer to have breakfast in LV on Sunday because you can help yourself to the caviar and the "fixins". CR serves a nice plate but sometimes too much caviar and too little of everything else. Again, just a personal preference. You will likely see very few people having champagne or mimosas which surprises me. But, again, most people are going out right after breakfast.

I look forward to learning your impressions of Regent. You may see crew members that you know that have moved over to Regent.

On "O" the Brunch is on a sea day only and you never know until the day before---but it's a real brunch with displays and ice carvings, really nice.

We enjoy sea days, lay back and do only what you want - even on port days we may get off the ship or not (all depends). I know Regent has the tours, but I don't want to be gone the whole day. Sometimes a little tour and a nice lunch and back to the ship.